“Clean, comfortable and reasonable”

Super 8 Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #47 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night. When we checked-in the hotel receptionists were kind and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. The rooms and the hotel itself could use some updating though.

The nights stay does include breakfast. However the breakfast consists of coffee, danishes, cold cereal and so on. We took a pass.

Overall if you want a clean comfortable bed at a reasonable price this place might work out for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your review of the property. It was fun to have your group here. We hope to see you again. R. Liberacki, GM ** A note to future guests, the SuperStart (TM) breakfast we serve consists of : Make your own Belgian waffle, pastries, cereals, oatmeals, fruit, yogurt, toast bar, juices, coffee, tea, milk & hot chocolate.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Flight was canceled and was given a voucher to stay here. Marriott's are my main choice when traveling but they were all booked up.

Service was great, I will give them that.

The appearance, the rooms, the breakfast... It's a Super 8, that's all I can really say.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. R. Liberacki, GM

Reviewed July 9, 2012

night receptionists were not friendly, and the service we recieved from the front desk upon return to airport was terrible. We called for our shuttle back, were told 10 minutes, shuttle came almost 30 minutes later to pick us up. The only reason he came to get us is because he was there to pick up a flight crew and we told him we were also suppose to go on that shuttle. The shuttle was full and we were not able to get on until he took the others to their hotel and came back. This was unaccetable and I did voice my concern which staff at SUPER 8 did not care about. The general manager also was not concerned with the issue and gave excuses as to why it took so long to get a shuttle. Room was clean and the shuttle driver, himself, was very friendly and did apologize for not even knowing that we were to be picked up and that it took so long.There are better hotels in the area with shuttle service that are in the same price range as the Super 8. We will not stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Our apologies for the overcrowed shuttle and your wait.
R. Liberacki, GM

Reviewed June 4, 2012

If your wheelchair is bigger than 20 inches wide you will not be able to use rooms. They have put a large tv stand at the foot of the beds,if you can take 3 or 4 steps rooms will work. if you can not walk at all use a different hotel

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the room did not fit your needs. I am glad I could correct the situation for you. R. Liberacki, GM
Note: there is just over a 25 inch clearance between this bed and the armoire

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I think this hotel is about all you can ask for in a Super 8. It was very clean and well-maintained. My room was a bit small, but it was comfortable and served it's purpose considering I was only there for one night. The staff was friendly, especially the lady who checked me out. The only reason my review is not 5 out of 5 is because of the breakfast. I only grabbed a couple of doughnuts, but one of them was stale. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but at least put fresh stuff out.

Overall, I was pleased with my stay, and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JazzSinger8
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. Your compliments are much appreciated. R. Liberacki, GM

Reviewed April 9, 2012

The staff was very helpful and accommodating the day we left for vacation. Shuttle service was timely. We had to leave before much breakfast was available. On the other hand, the return stay was entirely different.

We called for the hotel shuttle (promised it was on the way and ran every 15 minutes) showed up after 40-45 minutes. It left us as the driver was shorthanded (apparently) and the shuttle was a small van instead of the bigger bus. Keep in mind that I have with a small child and it was about 34-40 degrees that evening.

My husband became angry and left to find the car by walking from the airport. Since my child is young and was dressed from a warm vacation, the two of us huddled in the airport and caught the next shuttle. The same driver was harried.

Evening staff was not welcoming nor apologetic. Our room was quite filthy (dirty floor with Doritos smashed behind the nightstand and bathroom had stained walls). One lightbulb was broken and not working.

The worst part was that after trying to catch the shuttle (best done by waiting at the curb in cold weather), housekeeping had left a window open (makes sense as the non smoking room smelled of smoke) and it took 2 hours to warm up the room.

Doughnuts were still there that evening from that morning's breakfast! I was shocked compared to our earlier stay. The morning staff didn't ask about our stay and didn't say more than a few words to us when we left.

I have placed a complaint with Super 8 and I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Preview the room prior to giving a credit card. Ask for the name/s of the staff on duty to file a m...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Heather N
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced here. R. Liberacki, GM

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Well this is my second time on this review. I stayed In Feb and March at this wonderful Motel. From the front desk help (even Manager Rachel) to Hskp staff what a great stay. The housekeeping staff honest and awesome workers.to the "breakfast crew" always made sure we had our java and breakfast earlier than their sced. as we leave early for work. i will be going back to Milwaukee and will be staying again just to say hello again which they made me feel like family.

Room Tip: Any room they are safe and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank James M
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear Mr. Mc C,
Thank you ever so much for this wonderful review.
You made my day. Thank you. R.Liberacki GM