“I was a guest at this hotel for a week and my experience...”

Ramada Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #51 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was a guest at this hotel for a week and my experience was delightful. What a wonderful friendly, caring staff you have. It was like a home away from home. I had a nice comfortable room . The bed was great and lots of pillows. One of your staff gave me a ride to the casino in your courtesy van one day when my ride was unable to pick me up and I had to be there before the shuttle started running. One evening I got back to the hotel and the restaurant was closed and I hadn't eaten yet. the bartender offered to fix me a sandwich. Every morning I ate breakfast in the restaurant and was waited on by a very nice young lady.I couldn't get over the friendliness of any staff members I encountered. They made me feel right at home and very comfortable.One day I had left my room and when I came back I couldn't get my keys to work. i went to the front desk and they made me a new set well, they wouldn't work either. They told me not to worry they would have a man come fix it for me. It wasn't long before he had it fixed. Thank you to everyone wo made my stay a very nice experience. Sincerely, Sandy Launstein

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

The only positives were the bed was comfy and the water pressure in shower was great. However, the whole place is so outdated and the experience was very disappointing for the money we paid. The hotel has a musty old smell and there were numerous stains and imperfections in our room. Even the front door of our room had stains and skid marks. The location is great but we won't be back unless they update. The fake plants and hideous curtains were ugly. The workout room was a joke. It's hardly a workout room and everyone checking in at front desk can see you working out. For a hotel downtown they need to improve the quality of the decor and atmosphere to give their customers a more comfortable experience.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Not a bad location in downtown area. But the quality of the hotel was not worth the money paid. Need some major renovation:(
I received a discount coupon to the hotel's restaurant, but wouldn't go because the place looked shady..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
RamadaCityCentre, Manager at Ramada Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

I am glad this reviewer was pleased with our location, but the reference to quality and darkness was disappointing. Our food continues to receive great compliments from our guests, and reading the review we are determined to improve our entire facilty. We are constantly working to make changes wherever necessary. Our food is great and I hope this guest finds the opportunity to visit us again to see the many improvements.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Was there this past Thursday night for a quick stay while passing through Wisconsin. At least while booking in advanced (3 weeks via Expedia), this hotel provided the best rates.

The rooms, more so the bathrooms, may be a bit old, but the place was typically well cared for. Granted, I was only there for one night, but the room appeared clean -- all I need is a clean room with a bed to sleep on. I'm not going to be super picky just because some of the bathroom tile had a few cracks. A decent bed and a clean room is all I need, especially since I'm not spending much time inside.

The location is decent. Just on the southwest edge of downtown, you are still a quick three minute walk from Wisconsin Ave., and less than 10 minutes from the Grand Ave. mall area. This trip was a fun road trip, and even though most of the bars require walking, most of the good places as far as I know are no more then 15 minutes away. On a plus, you are allowed to park one vehicle for free. WiFi was also free.

There is also a bus stop about a block away over by Wisconsin Ave.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mhawrysko

We are truly elated to hear of all the great things we have and promote. This reviewer is happy about our clean rooms, our valued rates, our free parking, and our great location - close to every attraction the center of town has to offer. These comments inspire us to be even more attentive to the things that please our guests.