“Subpar” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Subpar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

This hotel was old, dingy and the air conditioner was incredibly loud in our room. We also killed a few bugs the 2 nights we stayed. For under $100 per night, it wasn't terrible, but I probably wouldn't stay here again. Some positives included the friendly service, the bathroom was pretty good and we didn't hear any noise from airplanes either. There was plenty of space in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joel K, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Sorry you had a bad experience with your stay at the Clarion. Please contact me directly at the hotel so we can rectify the situation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
GREEN BAY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Booked through Priceline for $70/night + tax for 2 nights for Irishfest. Located literally walking distance to the main terminal of the airport (10 minutes to downtown/Summerfest grounds) the room was quiet (room 106) and clean and included a fridge, microwave, and free wifi. The staff was very friendly and efficient at check in. The bed was okay for comfort and the air conditioning was the classic noisy hotel unit (although very efficient at cooling). Parking for normal hotel is free and they do offer $6.50/night secure parking with free airport shuttle for air travelers. Would recommend for cost savings.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments.
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have stayed at the Clarion several times and was happy. However recently I traveled with my mother, who has two hip replacements, a defibrillator, and congestive heart failure. She walks very slowly with a cane and must stop to rest because of breathing problems. If there is much walking planned, I take her wheelchair with us.
When I made the reservation, I requested a room on the 1st floor not far from the lobby, because of my mother's health condition. The man on the phone assured me we were booked on the first floor. However when we arrived some days later, I checked with the receptionist and she said "Oh, no. You can't do that." She put us in a room on the third floor, quite a ways away from the elevator. This caused some difficulty, since we were loaded down with luggage PLUS had to deal with my mother's trouble with breathing.
I talked to someone at the hotel who said another guest had a similar experience of asking for a room close to the front desk because her husband was in a wheel chair, but was placed in an upper floor room far away from the elevator, also.
What gives? Is the first floor only for elite guests? Is there no consideration given for the handicapped? It's pretty sad, and odd, given the staff normally seem so considerate.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joel K, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments. The problem, we have been to capacity lately at our hotel. If someone books the reservation in advance, we can put a note on the reservation for your request, however that request is not guaranteed. Unfortunately, we can not preassign their room. When the day of arrival comes we can already be booked on the first floor, or second perhaps and only have the room type you requested if it was 2 beds in the room, only available on the third floor. Any room for king, or 2 beds are in the further wings of the hotel, and on all three floors. We are unable to accommodate that room type near the lobby area unfortunately, that was how the hotel was built. I hope you will give us another try in the future.

gm@clarionmilwaukee.com
Oshkosh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was our fist time at the Clarion and won't be our last. We used the hotel for a park & fly and have never had such a curtious staff. From the moment we walked in and met the shuttle driver, to the front desk and then the bar/restaurant staff - all excellent. One staff memeber mentioned the owners have been the same for 29 yrs and some staff have been there 17+ year. The rates were fair and we were plesantly surprised with the free drink voucher too. Your car is kept in a locked area for safety. 2 minutes to the airport. The rooms are very large and well kept. The pool looked nice although we did not use it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joel K, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your comments. As you stated, yes the Rupena family has owned the clarion for quite some time. We pried ourselves in being a family owned and operated hotel. Thank you for your kind remarks, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Warsaw, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family and I booked two rooms to attend the Wisconsin State Fair. Everyone we met at the front desk was very friendly and helpful and our reservation was in order. Pool area is very nice and we enjoyed it quite a bit. Rooms were clean and well appointed. When I was booking the rooms online, I messed up and didn't get the rate I was looking for, but upon arrival, the front desk went out of their way to help us get it rebooked. We read the reviews beforehand and had a few question marks, but after our stay, I would have no problem recommending this property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for expressing your comments. I am glad to hear that the front desk was able to help you get the rate that you were looking for. 3rd party bookings can always be tricky. Look forward to your next stay.

Pensacola Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is tired. It's dated and worn but in a good location to the airport. My room is sparsely appointed and has a 70's feel. My chairs are so spring worn I can't reach the table that serves as a desk. I called the front desk for an office chair and, after a search, was told there were none. So now I have 3 pillows in the chair so I can reach the table. Not a bad hotel but I won't be back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark W
I am sorry to hear about this. Please accept my apologies. Please contact me at the hotel, and I would like a chance to rectify this.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

The rooms were great, clean, and comfortable. We stayed here after Oshkosh Air Show, and there was no better place to rest at than this hotel and then pick up some delicious food at the hotel bar. Chris is great!

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joel K, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for the comments. We look forward to seeing you on the next visit.