“Very UNCOMFORTABLE”

Clarion Hotel Airport
Ranked #46 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our first floor room was somewhat renovated. It is very small and overcrowded with furniture. But it only has one nightstand and reading light.

The bathroom is really small and there is no room for toiletries.

When we walked in the temperature was 75. The air conditioner cycles strangely. There is a comfy chair in front of it, but you can't sit there because it blows freezing air on you. Then it get really warm in the room and then really cold again. I would sweat and then freeze all night.

We opened the window shade only to discover that the window looked out on to the pool. People could look right into our room as they walked around the pool. Then there was the noise of kids playing in the pool until 10:00 pm.

We are senior citizens and we needed to go to bed early to catch our flight the next day.

Noisy, cramped, totally uncomfortable. In general the whole place is dreary. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Joel K, Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

I am sorry for your dissatisfaction with your room selection. I would ask for you to contact me directly the next time you make a reservation, and I will assist you personally in selecting a better choice room for your comfort.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of the secured parking and shuttle to and from.
We enjoyed the pizza special, and the next morning the bakery and coffee was really
good. We were picked up really fast on the return and when we were brought to our
car, we found that someone keyed our car. I don't understand how that could happen.
We spoke to the hotel manager, and he said that their is nothing they could do and that
they will not be responsible for that. So BEWARE, you will be parking at your own risk,
in their secured parking lot.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie L
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We use this hotel because of the Park & Fly package through our Travel company. The hotel was clean and the room was quiet with a comfortable bed. The secured parking was a added benefit. The shuttle to and from the hotel was very convenient. Thank you staff at the Clarion Milwaukee.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve P

Thank you for your kind remarks. Look forward to helping you with your next stay.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I reviewed the park-n-fly back in Dec. 2013 and had a long delay on the return from airport.
I gave my review and Joel the manager from the hotel left me a message and I returned his call.
We discussed the problem with the long wait to get picked up from the airport and he told me that was unacceptable. I then told him that I had a group going in March of 2014 and I was second guessing my choice for the Park-n-Fly. Joel said he would take care of it and made it right for this trip. We took his offer and hoped for the best.
Our departure on March 9th went without a hitch. Upon our return our flight got delayed 1 hour due to passengers not getting on plane and bad communications at the airport. My mother had heart surgery in Milwaukee while I was gone and it was getting late. I wanted to visit her before returning home, but I had extra riders to be concerned about.
When we cleared customs I made the call to the clarion to pick us up. I was really crossing my fingers that we did not have to wait 45 minutes like last time. After making the call the shuttle arrived in 5 minutes!!
Thanks to the clarion for trying to fix the problem. Keep up the good work and I will keep coming!

Gerry

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for giving us another chance to prove our quality of service. I am very glad you allowed us that opportunity. Look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stay here often along with my co-workers when we have business on the south side of Milwaukee. All of the staff are efficient and go out of their way to make your stay pleasant.
The rooms are spacious, the restaurant and bar are great.

Thanks Kelly & the rest of the Front Desk Staff, You people always take care of our folks.

Applause !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I spent one night at the Clarion and would say if you want a good hotel it is a great place to stay but if you are looking to use their shuttle service, beware. I chose the Clarion because it is right across from the airport and I figured the shuttle service would be quick. I could have found a cheaper alternative but the shuttle service was important to me. I arrived for a one night stay and was pleasantly surprised. It had been several years since I had stayed at this property and it seems things have gotten better. I was presented a bag upon check-in that had some coupons, two bottles of water, a tube of Carmex (my favorite). I got to my room and was pleased with the size of the bathroom (although the way the door opened presented some challenges, you cannot stand at the sink and leave the door opened, no big deal but a little inconvenient). Overall I was happy with the room. I went to the restaurant and ordered a sandwich to take back to my room, I indicated my order was "to go", expecting it would be delivered in a Styrofoam container. The waitress brought my food on a tray and I asked whether I could take that to my room. She was very pleasant and said that would be fine and I could just leave the tray outside my door when I was done. The sandwich was decent (the salted rye roll was a little too salty but overall the food was pretty good) and the service was great (from the waitress and bartender). The free breakfast left a little to be desired (really who eats donuts anymore?) but that was not the reason I chose The Clarion.

I had parked my car in the "secure" lot when I arrived at the hotel (not really sure what was secure about it. I thought it was in a gated area but it is just behind the hotel and anyone can access it) . In the morning I had a couple of things I needed to leave in my car and the shuttle van driver took me to my car. When I got back in the shuttle van it took us about 2 minutes and we were at the airport getting let off. All in all a pleasant experience, however, that changed on my way home.

I arrived back at the Milwaukee airport and got my luggage. I then followed the directions given to me by the hotel in regard to having the shuttle van pick me up. I proceeded out exit #4 to the shuttle van area. I looked at my watch and it was 2:25 PM. It was cold outside - about 20 degrees with 20 - 25 mile per hour wind out of the northeast. Like many travelers coming from warmer climates I did not take my winter coat along. I had on a sweater and a light jacket. I figured since the hotel was so close I could handle what I thought would be a 5 minute wait outside. After 10 minutes, my hands were numb and I was shaking due to how cold it was. I called the hotel and asked where the van was, I was told it was on it's way. Now remember, it only took us 2 minutes to get to the airport so I figured since the van was on it's way it would be there quickly, 7 minutes later I was still standing outside!! I called the hotel again, and was pretty upset. The desk clerk told me I could go back in the terminal and wait, although that was contrary to the directions provided earlier by the hotel. I had already been waiting almost 20 minutes and was not about to go into the terminal to wait and watch the shuttle van drive by when they did not see someone waiting to get picked up. The van finally arrived and the driver offered some lame excuse that he had to drop off a handicap van and exchange it for the van he was driving. Give me a break!! What, did he have to wash and vacuum the handicapped van? I cannot fathom how dropping off one vehicle and getting another takes about 20 minutes. I was ready to get a cab because I was so cold but the problem is cabs don't line up at the Milwaukee airport like they do at other airports. I would have had to call one and then wait for it to arrive (plus I did not think a cab driver would be too pleased about having a fare that was less than 1/2 long).

Needless to say if I am going to the airport I will not be staying at The Clarion. When I travel I want a quick, easy exit from the airport/Milwaukee area because I still have a 2 hour drive ahead of me.

Kind of interesting that I saw the Crowne Plaza shuttle van come through the airport twice while I was waiting and they are at least a mile away. Guess I need to check them out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Sweetnis35
Joel K, Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

First I would like to thank you for your kind comments with regard to the hotel and staff. It is a nice reassurance to hear that the customer service is in high regard. I would like you to please contact me at the hotel at 414-481-2400 so we can discuss the breakdown with regard to the shuttle service and picking you up at the airport.

Joel K.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stay here every year before leaving for our winter vacation. Usually we have early morning flights, so heading down the day before is a good choice. Don't have to get up at 1:00 a.m. To leave for the airport, worry about snowy or icy roads. There is a nice bar, great restaurant, which we always enjoy. The rooms have been renovated and are very nice. Parking and shuttle service to the airport is great, they are timely, friendly and helpful. Great value for the price. Oh yes, the donuts on the continental breakfast are the best!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Joel K, Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. Our stay and Park Package has always been a great convenience to our guests, and is still a top seller. We are in the final stages of our remodel. Thank you for the compliments.

Joel