“Great Visit”

Clarion Hotel Airport
Ranked #46 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our family stayed at the Clarion on a park and fly on Nov 23,2013 I would highly recommend this hotel, very clean great beds and such a great proximity to the airport with a shuttle that is so convenient. Can not give them enough praise other than I will be back!

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Airport

Reviewed December 6, 2013

How many brides can say their wedding was perfect? From a couple who worked in the business for 15-20 years, not very many, but we can! It started at the Wedding Show in January, where we met Jeff Deavers. After going for a tour and seeing everything there was to offer, we couldn't pass it up. We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and gift opening as well as a lot of our family and friends staying in the hotel. After the rehearsal dinner my now husband told me that the pizza we had was excellent, not your average hotel pizza. The next day, wedding day, the first time looking into the ballroom, beautiful. Get the decorating package, well worth it. Saved me a lot of time too! Then I saw the room where our ceremony was, as our photographer said, loved the decorations, a lot nicer than other hotel ceremonies I have photographed. Then the food, heard so many compliments on the food. All the staff was great, bartenders, waitresses, and front desk, but the person to thank the most Jeff Deavers. Can't thank the Clarion enough for our perfect day! Would recommend to any one!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family of 5 have stayed here a few times and spent a night after Thanksgiving in there 2 room suite. The hotel amenities including the pool, restaurant/lounge, Sweeney's Gym, are fantastic. The room was a bit dated and badly in need of new furniture, paint and carpet. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. This is a great location for park and fly. If they update the rooms this Clarion would be great.

Room Tip: If they update the 2 room suite it is ideal for families.
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Okay so I am staying in this Hotel and they have a Great Restaurant and Bar which was amazing my Bartender was Kasey she was outstanding this is the kind of Bartender you want always and I got to meet the Chef Dennis he made the most Amazing " RUBEN " get there and try it thanks to these two they made my stay Excellent !!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great comment on our restaurant and
lounge. I will share your comments with the employees. We are not the typical Hotel
restaurant. You should try our Holiday Brunches. They are great. The next one is
Thanksgiving.. Spend a weekend at the Clarion Hotel. We have great rooms
and a friendly Front Desk staff.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel is literally across the street from the airport and right next to the I94 on ramp. The service is great. The room was very spacious, but smelled a hair musty. Got free drink coupons with dinner in the restaurant. Dinner was very good. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. With our remodeling going on, we can only get better.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Clarion Hotel Airport on S. Howell Ave. is by far the closest hotel to Milwaukee's Mitchell Int'l. Airport; it's within walking distance and one could walk the few blocks if only there were sidewalks to walk on~! But the Clarion runs a free shuttle van to and from the airport, so there's no problem getting there and back. It's a decent, basic business class hotel with good wi-fi (I didn't use the business center); and it was good to have a refrigerator in the room (which I used) as well as a microwave oven (which I didn't). The only problem in my room was that the heater was so loud that it was hard to sleep with it on, so I had to turn it off in order to fall asleep. The nice thing is that the windows in my room opened and had screens on them, and had it been warmer weather, I'm sure I would have opened them. I can't really comment on the complimentary breakfast, having come down too late to really take advantage of it, but it looked very basic, though the muffin I had was quite good. There would be no reason to stay here except for its close proximity to the airport, but if you need to be close to Mitchell International, this is a good bet. On the other hand, if you want to see the city and you don't have a car, stay downtown, because taxicab fares downtown could run you $30 or more each way. I was staying here for an event -- my high school reunion -- which was held in the big ballroom downstairs, which was a standard facility for such events; the food was decent if unremarkable. Other than the loud heater, a decent place to spend a night or two.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have views of anything interesting, but you're better off with a room on an up...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel using Priceline for a business trip. It was not cheap, in fact I paid $20 more than I normally do when staying at the Sheraton in Brookfield. When checking in I requested a room close to an entrance. The front desk went to great lengths to inform me (THREE TIMES) that "because of your room price level" this is the best we can do. I then had to walk about a mile to get to my room. It appeared that they went out of their way to punish me for using Priceline. As if they WOULD have gotten me a room closer to an entrance if I had paid a higher rate. Here's a tip for you, hotel people: I try out hotels for the first time using Priceline. If I get great service and it's a great hotel I will specifically re-book directly with the hotel for future trips. But if it's not good I don't return. The room I had was recently remodeled and comfortable. If it were not for the attitude of the staff I would return. As it is, I won't. A simple request of getting a room that I didn't half to walk a mile to get to should have been simple to provide. The room I received was about as far away as possible. If you are going to do that to people, DONT tell them three times that it's because they used Priceline. I didn't save that much money to justify such a snooty attitude.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business