“This place makes you feel dirty.”

Clarion Hotel Airport
Ranked #45 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
“This place makes you feel dirty.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We got this hotel thru Priceline at a 3 star rating. There was no way it lived up to that quality. The hotel had that disappointing appearance from the outside that makes your heart sink when you turn into it. Pretty sure it's one of those hotels that has changed hands more than a few times over. They did let us check in early, so that was nice. But the odor inside was old and musty. The hallways were outdated and the carpeting was pretty bad in some areas. The room was very dimly lit when you could find an actual switch that worked. Probably because they wanted you not to see the dust and dirt that had accumulated on their carpet... Shoes stuck to the bathroom floor... Stains on the bed sheets. Yuck. We left immediately and got our money back from Priceline. Clarion's parent company needs to get rid of this location.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ingrid283
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I;m sorry that you were not happy with your room. My manager checked the room and agrees with you. The room was not cleaned properly.

The room you were in is one of our Business Kings. II has new furniture, new bedding,new window treatments and 2 new lounge chairs with ottomans.

I agree with you that lighting is important. That is why we have 8 lights in the room; 1 set of 4 over the bed,1 set of 4 over the dresser, 1 light on each side of the bed over the night stands, 1 on the desk, 1 floor lamp next to the lounge chair, 1 in the bathroom and 1 in the closet.

We are now in the process of remodeling our Business Queen rooms and later this month we will have new carpeting and wallpaper in our corridors.

Check us out again,you won't be sorry.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chicago
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I ended up staying at this hotel as I was attending a nearby conference the next day. Check-in was very fast and the staff seemed nice. My only issue was that the hotel definitely showed signs of wear. I pointed out that there was a wallpaper issue in my room (see pic) to the front desk in the morning and he made a note of it, thanked me for making him aware of it and assured me it would be taken care of. A major benefit of this hotel was its proximity to the airport, I could see the airfield at MKE clearly from the window in my room. Might take advantage of the Park and Fly in the future.

Room Tip: The view is nice in the corner rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
mikojm, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Chicagoman 88,
Thank You for your kind words I will pass them on to the staff. We are in process of remodeling rooms and our hallways. On your next trip to Milwaukee I am sure you will see our completed upgrades.

East Troy, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Recently held our daughter's wedding at this facility. Absolutely blown away with how great everything turned out. The hall was fantastic, food was amazing and the staff / from the wait staff to the bar tenders to the event co-ordinator were so over the top helpful and friendly that two days later we are still getting positive feedback from friends and family. If you are thinkling about having your event here I say DO IT.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
mikojm, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Ray,
The entire staff at the Hotel appreciates your kind comments.

abaco bahamas
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have had the occasion to stay at this hotel many times.

The front desk staff , especially Kelly, always gives a warm welcome and effortless check in.

The stay, park and fly package is a good deal and the shuttles to and from the airport and parking are always quick to arrive.

The early am breakfast is nice. The restaurant downstairs can serve up some great dishes like cajun seafood pasta and filet mignon with bearnaise. Not typical for airport restaurant food.

You might find nearby accomodations that are a few dollars cheaper but the airport clarion is offers consistent quality, friendlness and reliability.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank islandoc
mikojm, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Islandoc,
Thank You so much for the wonderful comments. The entire staff hopes to see you soon.
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at Clarion over the weekend of the Harley Davidson 110th Anniversary. Despite a full house, the manager went the extra mile to make sure everyone was happy and the cleaning staff was awesome. The rooms were very clean, although on the small side. I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Holt, MI USA
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for 4 days. Upon arrival, Room A was located 2nd floor at the end of the hallway A - Room B was located 2nd floor at the end of the hallway B - a long distance apart for party traveling together. Room A was very nice. Room B was not a rennovated room - bad odor, worn carpet and bed covers, etc. Requested a room change which was handled very nicely with no argument to rennovated room nearby Room A. Staff was polite and efficient. I would strongly suggest requesting a rennovated room. Nice duvet covers, comfortable beds, clean. Great location - easy access to airport as well as easy trip (10-15 minutes) from downtown Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Request rennovated room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
This is just what I wanted to hear. Glad you liked our new rooms. Next will be new carpet and wallpaper in the halls. Thanks for staying with us.
Kodiak, Alaska
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed at this place while I was in MKE for work. Stayed here for 6 nights and it was miserable. They claim high speed internet in every room, yeah right. I think I got service maybe twice the whole time I stayed there. I had to take my laptop out into the hallway (where their routers are) to get service, then go back in my room and sit on the floor next to the door to maintain signal. I called the front desk twice a day about their internet and they said "oh we've had problems with it before. We've even called out IT people to come look at it. I'll reset the router for you."

I am not a big TV watcher but without internet what is there to do? However, their TV only gets about half the channels, then you get an error saying: "upgrade your service to digitial to get this station." Annoying!!

Staff was overall pretty helpful but not once did they follow up to see if the internet worked for me.

The gym. I am a strength and conditioning coach so having a full service 24 hour gym attached was awesome for me. However, I can see how it might make some people feel uncomfortable being in there. Especially if you are traveling solo and don't feel like sharing a gym with a bunch of muscle heads.

The rooms are pretty dated. Nothing fancy. I had a room that shared a door with the next room, and a family with a baby was staying there. I don't have kids and don't want to listen to a crying, screaming baby all night long.

Overall, if your passing through and need something for a night close to the airport then I am sure this place would work fine. However, for any extended stay avoid it. No breakfast besides donuts, and their attached restaurant was not very good either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for making me aware of the internet situation. I personally talked to our IT expert and we are upgrading our system and replacing our routers. The internet access is important to our guests, both leisure and business. We are also upgrading our rooms and halls with new carpeting, wallcovering and furniture.

The TV issue is one with Time Warner and our local channels. Hopefully, this will be resolved shortly.

Please try us again.

Travelers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels