“Convenience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Convenience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

WE use this for the convenience of it to the airport and so we don't have to drive in in the morning. We like the secure parking and shuttle service. They do a excellent job on them.
We weren't as happy with the room this time. It was on first ti the left wing. Not as quiet and the room wasn't kept up as well. You good see dust hanging on the ceiling above the top of the bed. Think they need a good washing and a new paint job.
Will we use it again for a park, stay and fly yes we defenitely will.

Room Tip: ON first get one to the right or north side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank queenie067

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel for three nights. The walls were old and dated, carpet was loose and wrinkled throughout, and the beds were flat (no pillow tops here). The room itself was fairly clean with a hot shower and cold AC, though the maid turned the AC off during the day so I always came home to a hot room.
This hotel needs to be renovated, but they are still charging over $100/night. There are newer hotels with better value very close by. However, there is not much else near by except for the airport and it is a $30 cab ride into town (the shuttle will only go within a 1 mile radius).

Room Tip: Choose the Hyatt Place next door.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The staff there was awesome. One of the wifi routers didn't work, so the front desk manager went out of his way to try to fix it, and when he couldn't, he moved us to another room. As other reviewers have indicated, the pool is a little bit of a fish bowl because it is visible to anybody driving out for the hotel as well as hanging out at the front desk. Especially those having breakfast.

The breakfast was super disappointing though. It was literally just coffee, donuts and a bowl of apples and oranges. There was a restaurant downstairs,

• Stayed June 2013
Naperville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here on May 18th for our son's hooding ceremony and commencement the next day at Marquette University. Had 2 rooms, one for my wife and myself and one for our son and his wife. Milwaukee was packed this weekend with Marquette University's graduation at the Bradley Center, the University of Wisconsin's graduation at U.S. Cellular Arena, and a Kenny Chesney concert in Milwaukee. If you did not book early, you were without a room this weekend. All the hotels were fully booked in the area. We found our room to be very nice. There were a few carpet stains in our room but not so bad that would have caused us to ask for a different room. The beds were well made and the bathrooms were very clean. Our son and daughter-in-laws room was perfect. Despite the hotel being fully booked and being so close to the Milwaukee Airport, we heard absolutely no noise in the halls during our stay here. The hotel was very close to the Bradley Center, downtown Milwaukee, and to Discovery World, where our son's hooding ceremony took place. We would recommend this hotel and would stay here again when we are in Milwaukee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thanks for the nice comments. We are in the process of redecorating some of our rooms and the hallways with new carpet, wallcovering and lighting. So the next time you come to Milwaukee you can check out our new look.
Iron Mountain, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. To be honest I booked this room on short notice and for the price it was my best option. Upon check in the lobby was newly updated/decorated and looked very nice. The pool looked very well kept as well (the only thing I didn't like was that you could view it through large glass windows from the lobby- not the best if you don't want everyone that enters to see how poorly you swim) Almost like being in a fish tank. The desk clerks were very friendly and helpful and Kelly even upgraded us to a suite! Thank you Kelly :) The rooms themselves were in poor condition...Everything was VERY clean however, very outdated. This hotel could be wonderful with some basic upgrades and new decor to their rooms. Also...my towels were kind of strewn all over the place upon entering in the bathroom and the lights took forever to turn on if they turned on at all. The lounge and restaurant were absolutely perfect with great food and service that was reasonably priced. The gym would be VERY nice however the attendant was working out with her friends upon my entry and after inquiring if I could please use the tanning bed, she stated she forgot her keys. I waited approximately 10 minutes for her to come to this conclusion and had to play detective to find who the attendant was in the first place. Moral of the story- ok for the price and good food. Overall needs some help.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main floor have easier access (may be nicer too)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel is great for a quick stay before heading to the airport. My original flight to Phoenix was overbooked and so I elected to give up my seat. In return the airline gave me a voucher for a stay at this hotel. I have to say it is very nice for a lower priced hotel. The location to the airport cannot be beat and even though they are right across the street from the airport I cannot hear any plane traffic. I had a room with a view of the pool and while I did hear some kids in the hall and in the pool it was not enough to be a problem. The only downside to that would be if you sleep light and go to bed early. The pool is open til 10 pm but as I sit here now I know there are people in the pool but it is a soothing sound. The gym is suppose to be large although all of my gym clothes are in my luggage on my original flight so I did not go to the gym. The food in the restaurant is fantastic. I had dinner here because I did not have a car with me. I had the petite filet and asked for it medium. Usually I do this and steaks come out medium well to well done. Not this one. It was perfect. Overall a great value and they have a free 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport. The gentleman who drove me from the airport to the hotel was very personable and held a conversation with me (well as much as possible since it is only about a 2 minute drive). I think they have a park and fly package as well but again I did not have a car with me. If you are looking for a higher end hotel (which I usually stay in) this is probably not it yet I am satisfied for it being paid for by the airline.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper or go to bed early get a room away from the pool on the first floor as th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments on the Clarion Hotel. We try to make every ones stay as pleasant as possible. We are also in the process of upgrading the Hotel. We are remodeling the rooms completely and also new carpet and wallcovering in the hallways. New time you are in town I hope YOU choose to stay at the Clarion Hotel.
I will tell Dennis, the chef, how pleased you were with the restaurant.
SPOKANE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Recently we stayed for four nights at the Clarion while visiting family in Milwaukee, the staff was very friendly and the room was large and clean. The toilet was leaking so within 30 minutes of reporting it the repairman came and fixed it. The bathroom was very nice with large tiles on the floor and shower stall, we really appreciated the large counter by the sink for all our toiletries. Another nice touch was tea bags as well as coffee in the room for those who are not coffee drinkers. The breakfast was a little sparse but it was fine for us since we normally eat a small breakfast. It is right across from the main airport exit but was very quiet. We definitely plan to return on our next visit.

Room Tip: We were on a lower level facing the street and it was quiet so I imagine any room should be fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon R, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Happy to hear that you had a positive experience at the Clarion Hotel. A friendly, courteous staff is important to me.
The next time you come, you will see newly decorated corridors and rooms. Be sure to let me know what you think about the new look.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#24 of 55 in Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 stars 200 reviews
Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport

Been to Clarion Hotel Airport? Share your experiences!