“One of the worst MOTELS!”

Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #46 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Pros: clean bathroom
On time shuttle service
Donuts and coffee in the morning
Flat screen tv
Very close to the airport

Cons: dirty carpet
Dirty stained chairs in the room
Dry rotting curtains
Noisy airconditioner
Dirty iron board cover

I have to stay here for business but would not book 1 night that I had to pay for.

• Stayed: July 2012
sharonowner, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

I am sorry that you were not happy with your room. The room your company put you in was one of smaller budget rooms. But there is no excuse for a dirty room. The carpet in those Queen bedrooms were just professionally cleaned last month. I think that darked area of carpet was a shadow from the light over the night stand. We have checked the A/C for noise, repaired the drapes, cleaned the chair and replaced the iron board cover. In fact, I had our housekeeping department check all iron board covers which they should already be doing.
As you can see on our website we have a variety of rooms and prices. Please have your company give me a call and I can offer them different room types at different rates.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

If you're considering an overnight stay close to Mitchell International AP (MKE), Clarion Hotel Airport is literally the closest. My wife and I frequently fly out of MKE, and recently began using Park 'N Fly specials such as the one offered by Clarion. We have used two other area hotels when flying out of MKE, and Clarion by far is the best choice.

PROS: For park and fly customers, a private security fenced parking lot. Free access to a private gym attached to the hotel, and a restaurant on site. There is a hefty room service fee (I believe it's 18%), we opted this service on our previous trip. Front desk staff is friendly, but often appears overwhelmed with questions on shuttle runs and completing your vehicle tag (for Park N Fly). The past two times we've checked in, I was asked to return later in the evening (twice in one night) to complete their tag and park my vehicle.

CONS: I thought the room upgrade to a whirlpool tub would be a suprise worth a few extra dollars...don't bother. We stayed in room number 232, a large king suite which is spacious for two adults. The room shows water damage on the ceiling, two broken latches on the fridge, and the curtains showed multiple rips. The solution to the ripped curtains was a patch job that looks off color. Our room also had three lightbulbs (2 around the bed and 1 in the bathroom) that were burned out. For our needs of a one night stay before vacation I didn't see this as a need to call the front desk, but it was noted on our checkout card. In the past the airport shuttle drivers have been wonderful to my wife and I. On the evening of check in I was told to follow the shuttle driver to the secured parking lot. I turned from the check in desk to see the shuttle driver take off and he never looked back. Having used their secured parking lot before I knew the general direction, but for others it was a "where the heck did he go" moment. I didn't catch his name, and it's a shame because his attitude showed as he mumbled driving myself and another driver back to the hotel.

I maintain this hotel is very good for it's use as a Park and Fly. The staff by large is friendly, and many of the airlines place their aircrews overnight here (always a good sign of a secured location).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thanks for the nice comments. Park and Fly's are one of our specialties.

owner

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband & I drove to Milwaukee & spent the night at the Clarion. We got in late, but were still able to use our complimentary drink coupons in the lounge. We didn't get to swim, but the pool looked very nice. In the morning we were shuttled to the airport which was just across the street. This is a perfect place to stay, park your car, and then fly out. On our return trip, we called for a shuttle back to the hotel & it was there within minutes. Thanks for a great & affordable stay!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 24, 2012

rooms are clean, internet access is included. it's close to the airport, provides a shuttle service, continental breakfast consists of donuts and coffee.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thanks for the comments. We will be adding fresh fruit to our lobby, continental breakfast of juice, coffee and pastries. We also serve a sit down, served breakfast in our restaurant starting at 6:30.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great service. Had special requests and our room was perfect for our needs. Pool was great; swam for almost an hour. Business center good. Location near airport and we never heard a thing from our room. They served pastries; I would have preferred a healthy muffin, but I tasted my husband's and was impressed how fresh his pastry was.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thanks for the nice comments. I'll be sure to add more healthy muffins to our selection of pastries.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Business meetings in the morning. Rooms are average at best. For 52.00 a night its acceptable but barely.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
sharonowner, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Are you sure you are rating the correct Hotel? We don't have a $52.00 rate.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My secretary chose it because it had a 4 star rating through Tripadvisor. I looked forward to a restful evening and a little bit of pampering after a 16 hour travel and business day - a nice meal, a comfortable room. My disappointment could not have been greater when I saw the dark, dingy, tiny room with stained carpet, stained fabric on the one chair, scratched and water stained bedside chair and one sad looking bed. I pulled back the light blocking curtain to find no sheers behind it for privacy. I went to get a towel to put over the chair so I could get by the "yuck" factor of sitting on the dirty looking fabric, but decided to ask for a different room. I was told I got the small budget room because we booked through Orbitz and for an extra $15 they could upgrade me. I paid the $15 and got a room in different wing of the hotel. The room was an improvement and the bed was comfortable, but I ended up paying $100 for a basic, no frills stay.

It was easy to return the rental car and get to the airport the next morning, which I did 3 hours before my flight because, honestly, the airport was more comfortable. I never thought I'd ever say that in a review!

The restaurant in the hotel was very good, though, which was a pleasant surprise - The Cork and Cleaver. What a relief to get a good meal.

Room Tip: Beware if booking through Orbitz.