“One night was enough”

Clarion Hotel Airport
Ranked #46 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We did a park-n-fly here before a trip. One night was enough on their hard beds. Everything otherwise was ok, but know that some times park-n-fly clients must park outside the fenced in area. With that said, We probably would use them again for a park-n-fly out of Milwaukee.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank photoguywisconsin

Reviewed March 17, 2011

No doubt the hotel is one of the closest to the airport but their claim of "secured" parking which stands out from their competitors should read "secured if we have the space" else you park in a standard non-secured lot. Rooms are clean (broken shower) but like I said, when we got here we were told the fenced lot was full and would have to park outside in the regular lot - so much for the advertised claim. Get here early if you want to take a chance.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jimmd3
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I stayed at this location last night (3/12) and was impressed with the level of service as well as the property itself.

I am a Diamond member in the Choice Hotels program (Clarion, Choice, Quality Inn, etc.) and this is the first time my status has ever been recognized at check-in.

Thr room itself was excellent, larger than most, and nicely furnished. Wide screen flat tv with a cable system that offers a lot more than most. The free wifi, micro and fridge were excellent additions to the overall package.

I wish I had thought to bring a bathing suit, as their indoor pool really looked nice.

I didn't use the voucher for a free drink with dinner at their restaurant, as I had dinner planned elsewhere with friends, but I did go to the lounge upon return and that was nice as well.

My impression is that this is an extremely well run property, and I will definitely stay here again when back in Milwaukee. I highly recommend this location to anyone looking for a hotel in Milwaukee.

It is an airport hotel, but it is very close to most everything; and the value in terms of what you get for the price of a room, makes this a very desirable location, in my opinion.

It was a very nice stay at a very nice place.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2011

It pretty good for relaxing before a flight. Pool like very good but didn't have time to use it same with the gym. Room was clean the employees were OK. Overall can't complain.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Stayed one night before a ten day trip. Got a nice room, fenced in parking for ten days, and shuttle to and from the airport for about $100. A really good price for a very comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gil74
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Clarion Hotel. Next time you're at the Clarion, try our restaurant, Cork N' Cleaver. It's great, not the typical Hotel restaurant.

Sharon Rupena
Clarion Hotel

Reviewed February 14, 2011

I was a guest of this hotel during THE blizzard this January. My flight was canceled 3 times so I decided to just drive home. I had already parked in long term parking. The staff of this hotel plowed and then hand shoveled over 4 feet of snow to give me access to my car. Two gentleman from the hotel stayed with me until I could drive away. They went beyond what I expected.
All of the staff was very welcoming when I checked in and just as nice when I checked out.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank bethIM
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We stayed here the night before our week-long vacation and also left our car parked here during the entire trip. The hotel's location is right at the airport entry/exit so it's very convenient for airport usage. Our room was basic, but was clean. We didn't use any of the facilities at the hotel so can't comment on those.

For the parking, we were able to leave our car in the locked, gated lot for our week-long trip. That gave us peace of mind about our vehicle's security while we were away. Milwaukee had a blizzard while we were gone but our car was not buried in snow when we returned. The shuttle driver also had a shovel with him so he could move the snow from behind our car so we could back out.

We will stay here again for the Park & Fly package.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MustLoveDogz
sharonowner, Owner at Clarion Hotel Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor. We have a great Park and Fly package. Nest time be sure to try our restaurant. The food is great.

Clarion Hotel