“Park East Hotel”

Park East Hotel Downtown Lakeshore
Ranked #43 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here 5 nights for a convention. Since we received special rates, I don't really know what they normally charge. It is an older building, going through renovations. No pool, and the restaurant was currently closed. They did have an exercise room, although I didn't use it. The rooms were smaller, but adequate. The management was very helpful, as well as all the staff. If you can ask for a room on the fifth floor, the view to the lake is beautiful when it's not foggy. Also, they have an area on the penthouse where you can sit and see the view, take pictures, or bring up a beer from the lounge. It was impressively quiet at night.

Room Tip: Floor 5 for the view of the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lynette a
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel Downtown Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you for your comments!! I really appreciate it!

I hope to extend to you again our hospitality in the near future.

We are completeing some renovations this fall!!!

Thank you again for your comments!!!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel looks bad on the outside, but its a quality hotel for the price you pay. You can easily walk downtown or the Riverwalk, and there is transportation that passes right beside the hotel. The only down side was the hotel bar was never open.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank demolitionrob

Hello

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate it and want to say thank you!

We are doing more renovations this Fall and hope to extend to you our hospitality once again in the near future...

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was checking reviews for this hotel before I booked it. It seemed about average. I decided that I would just go for. The only real positive thing I have to say is that the girl working the night shift when I checked-in was very energetic for being 11:30 at night. That is something every hotel should have.
1. The hotel was really hard to find. I had my GPS on and with all the construction going on in the area we had to turn around a couple of times. Then the address they have is the address to the bar in the front of the hotel. We circled the block a couple of times before we saw the little sign that said "Park East Hotel"
2. I didn't know that after I booked the hotel that I would have to pay for parking. I hope they use that money that they collect for parking goes for fixing their little lot. They had a sign posted that advised you not to park on the bottom of the ramp because it was leaking.
3. Finally got to our room and the keys didn't want to work. Had to try both keys like 5-6 times before it finally worked (this was the same for both the rooms we had).
4. Got the door opened and the room stunk like stale smoke. If you are going to change your hotel over from a smoking to a nonsmoking you are probably going to need to either repaint or replace the sheetrock to get that smell out.
5. You can not sit on the toilet and have someone else need to open the door. The door actually touched the toilet. It was like a closet.
6. The water was really hard. In the other room we had, they had brown water. That was the worst shower I have had since I lived in an old farmhouse in the middle of no where.
7. The breakfast was less than desirable. The omelets and the sausages were cold (glad they had microwave to warm them up), the hard boiled eggs were frozen, and being that I am gluten-free the fruit selection wasn't there.

If you are looking for "cheaper" and don't mind all of that, then this is a pretty decent hotel. Otherwise, I recommend finding somewhere else in the area (not downtown) for the $86 dollars + taxes + parking + other fees.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Katie E

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. It helps us better serve our guest in the future.

I am very happy that our front desk was nice , We enroll all of them into a customer service training to give the best service they can. We changed over in January 2014 to the Park East Hotel with new management and we are aware of lots of changes that need to be done yet. One by one we are completed renovations.

At this time we are getting a new key system installed which we are very excited about, and this Fall we are doing our Parking lot which will eliminate 2 big issues that we have encountered.

I am sorry about the problems that you did encounter during your stay and if I would of known I could of taken care of this issue right away. I am very sorry!!

I would like to thank you for your comments it does helps us build a better a hotel for the future.

Hope to extend to you once again our hospitality!!

Thank you!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

As others have said before. This hotel is pretty dated, but the location and price couldn't be beat. The beds were actually super comfy too, and I was impressed with the (free) breakfast selection. The staff was nice and I would definitely recommend if you're looking for a cheap, no frills hotel in downtown Milwaukee.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank summerrhi

Thank you for taking the time to comments on your recent stay with us.

This helps us better serve our guest in the future and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to do the best that we can with a great management team....

Please let me make your stay more enjoyable on your next stay with us in the near future.
Once again thank you for your comments!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This may be just a re-branded Comfort Inn, but we were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was. The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful, and we had a very pleasant breakfast room "attendant" who made available some breakfast items although we missed the cut-off time due to jetlag. The location was great. We used to stay at a nearby B&B that this year decided to double its rates from the last time we stayed (2 years ago), and this was a nice discovery. Yes, it is an old building, but it is kept clean.
Our first room was very hot (although it was still cold out, we didn't want heating on), and the technician couldn't fix it so we had to change rooms. They knocked off a few dollars for the inconvenience.
One small hitch at the end: upon check-out, they couldn't print out a receipt and said they would email it but didn't.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comments about your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your comments and it helps us better serve our guest in the near future.
This fall we are doing plenty of renovations and hope to extend our hospitality to you once again in the near future.

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments!
Have a great Day!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I booked this hotel based on price and the ability to walk to the Riverwalk and to Lake Michigan. The hotel is older, but was clean. Room was small, but we were only there to sleep. Front desk was helpful with directions. The complimentary breakfast provided an assortment: waffle, omelet, sausage, bagels, cereal, donuts, yogurt. If we go back to Milwaukee, we'd probably stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jiraks

Thank you for taking the time to comment with us on your recent stay in May 2014.

I am very glad that your stay was enjoyable and hope to extend our hospitality to you once again in the near future.

If there is anything else I can do to make your stay more enjoyable on your next visit please let me know.
Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Lisa G, General Manager at Park East Hotel Downtown Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014