“Welcoming, clean, relaxed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Welcoming, clean, relaxed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'm a loyal Hilton honors member, but alas there was nothing available anywhere in the Milwaukee metro area. I expanded my search to include my second loyalty affiliation, Marriott, but alas the only rooms available for this past weekend were north of $300. Yikes. I have little experience with the Hyatt chain, and used trip advisor to see what others thought after seeing this hotel had availability at high, but less than crazy rates. After reading some reviews, it appeared ok, not great, but adequate.
Upon my afternoon arrival I found the staff welcoming. Check in was a non event, I think maybe 60 seconds, and I was off with room keys in hand. On site parking is free. Our room was spacious, maybe due to it being a corner room at the end of the hotel. It was very clean and well maintained in every aspect. Housekeeping and building maintenance should be proud; a job well done.
Finally, we had to arise very early the next morning, 3:30 a.m., to drive our son to the Ironman 70.3 in Racine. I trucked down the lobby, where the very personable gentlemen made two fresh cups of Starbucks coffee for us at their on site food service area. Sooooo much better than any hotel's in room coffee, and so cool to be able to get this on demand. That's something that's usually a challenge at the Hilton properties, good coffee early.
So now my debate, open a Hyatt loyalty account or not? At the end of the day, this hotel has now made the very short list when I visit the Milwaukee metro area.

Room Tip: Grab a corner room if you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob_5595_2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

You can tell this property recently had a cosmetic renovation, but it needs more than that. On my next trip to the area, I believe I'll seek out a newer and nicer hotel, and I'll probably end up paying the same rates as this property.

First, I want to say that the staff were all very helpful and friendly. However, my disappointments:
- My room had a weird smell of cheap cologne when I walked in the door.
- The air conditioner was very loud.
- The air conditioner did not properly dehumidify the room, so the sheets felt slightly damp when I got into the bed.
- The fitness room is horrible. Very small, cramped, with only enough equipment for like 3 people.
- Parking in front of the hotel is limited. So you have to park around back, then walk up front and through the front door to check in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank thegov
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Down the street from the airport which is nice if you fly in, lose to the highway as well. The hotel was very nice was greeted by a friendly staff. Right off of them is a nice bar/coffee area. We had a room on the 4th floor. Room was very spacious and clean two queen beds and a sofa area. Very surprised that being on the 4th floor we didn't hear a lot of planes taking off or landing or I must have been that tired.

Next day the breakfast selection was very nice. Got to chose from Eggs/Sausage to oatmeal/cereal. Nice selection of juice as well and fresh fruit. Was able to get a tray to bring some breakfast for my dad who did not want to come down. Over all very nice and would come again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed there on business during the Summerfest festival so they were busy. But the service was SO bad, this isn't enough of an excuse. Also, the facility is really old and dingy. Given that they charge Hyatt rates (over $130 a night), I would go to one of the newer hotels in the area that charge considerably less. This is a pretty bad value-for-money. (Parking lot is also extremely inconvenient....)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Elaine M
Philly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've stayed at Hyatt hotels before and have always had a good experience - this location near the Milwaukee airport was no exception. The room was large and comfortable, and something as simple as a seating area can be a nice touch after days and weeks on the road in the same generic hotel setup. The bed, like at all Hyatt properties I've stayed in, was the stuff dreams are made of - a good night's sleep is practically guaranteed. The service at the front desk was top notch, and the breakfast buffet was nicer than average. Proximity to the airport couldn't have been better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jackie s
Waxahachie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had never stayed at a Hyatt Place before and was pleasantly surprised with the experience. The room was larger than expected with a divider wall that allowed for an area to relax that was somewhat separate from the bed. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable (slight musty smell, but nothing that compelled me to complain). I took advantage of the lounge/bar area. The staff were friendly and the food was better than expected (had the monte cristo sandwich). I also had the complimentary breakfast which was satisfactory. The hotel's location is excellent in relation to the airport. The only real complaint is the parking. The spaces near the entrances fill up quick and you may find yourself with a short walk due to having to park closer to the service road. I would stay at this location again and seek out other Hyatt Place locations when traveling.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Justin R
Noblesville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is fresh & modern. Our king room was very spacious and comfortable. The hot breakfast and coffee was an added benefit as well as free parking. My husband and I don't get away without our kids very often so this was a very pleasant, restful stay. It was convenient to all the places we needed to be over the weekend. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple