“Not a stellar stay”

Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #10 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here the night before my daughter and I left for vacation as I had rewards points and we had an early flight. At check-in I let them know that we needed a quiet room so that we could go to bed early in order to wake up at 4am. We were placed on the third floor in a corner room so I thought all would be great. The room was nice and clean, however was quite warm so I adjusted the temperature and we went downstairs to order dinner so that we could go to bed early.

We ordered food at the cafe and I must say the pizza at least was not that great. Mine was undercooked so I ate one piece and threw away the rest. My daughter chose a Starbucks latte drink, however once she got up to the room we noticed that it had expired so again threw that away.

We went to bed at around 7:45 and at 8:30 we were awakened by doors slamming and girls chatting loudly in the hallway. That lasted for about an hour and then they must have gone out. However, they returned at 2:30am and again, we were awakened by the slamming of the doors and loud laughter which lasted for another hour. So with that distraction along with the inability to cool down the room, we were better off staying at home and waking up early to drive the hour and half to the airport. Probably would have gotten more sleep.

I let the person at check-out know and all he said was that I should have called them. When I explained that I was trying to sleep he just said that he wasn't aware of my request and apologized for placing the young group of girls next to my room. I had hoped that they would have not charged me my rewards points, but he just said something along the lines of "good thing you used rewards points, those are nice to have". Disappointed that I had wasted my points on a very disappointing stay. Since we left so early we did not get the free breakfast so that was a disappointment as well. I will think twice before staying here in the future, but did appreciate the shuttle service to the airport.

Room Tip: If you need to wake up for an early trip this may not be the hotel for you.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Imintrigued

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Stayed here before a business meeting at Fond Du Lac. Right next to the aiport and easy to find. Very nicely furnished, modern and comfy. The bedroom was huge and the bed very comfy. Breakfast free and really good spread. All in all a great place for a quick stopover at the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip that I took my family with me. The sectional sofa was very nice. The ability to hook up my computer to the tv to watch movies was great! My only complaint is the bathroom is a little small. Still I would stay here again if I am in Milwaukee

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Veronica H
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I very rarely give out a five-point rating unless I have a truly spectacular experience, and my first stay at the Hyatt Milwaukee Place met that expectation. I want to commend Isamar for a pleasant welcome and check-in process, and she was very attentive to my needs. My room was clean and I was amazed at the amenities - full couch, desk, and the free Internet was an excellent perk.

Will definitely stay here again, and highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rbakken
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have stayed at several Hyatt Place properties in the midwest. I have had a great experience at each one. Always clean, modern and the staff friendly. CONSISTENT! Food was also very good. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Faster66
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Not sure where to began. EVERYTHING was great. I stayed at The Hyatt Place on the last night of my vacation because I had an early flight and it was minutes from the airport. I was staying at a friend's house a little over two hours from the airport and didn't want to risk missing my flight not knowing Wisconsin's weather as I was heading to Central FL to enjoy Thanksgiving with Mom and Dad. This is the second time I have stayed here and will be back for sure.

I was great ed upon check in with a friendly welcome by a very pleasant and professional gentleman. He got me checked in quickly, showed me where my room was, offered to help with my bag and arranged for me to get their airport shuttle to follow me to the airport so I could drop my rental car off rather than to worry about it in the morning. A young lady was waiting for me with the shuttle who was also very friendly, polite and professional. We had another couple we were waiting for to come back to the hotel. She sat and talked to me as we waited telling me a little about the resort and the area. She was quite pleasant. The gentleman we were waiting for showed up and gave her a very hard time because his wife couldn't get in the van. She apologized and arranged alternate transportation. He became very nasty and was yelling at her quite rudely. She remained calm, polite and professional while defusing a very angry jerk. The entire time she kept checking in with me apologizing. I told her I was in no worry and take her time. She continued to calm this man down but still acknowledged me several times apologizing and got this couple different transportation. I wish I could remember her name because she deserves credit. She is a true asset to The Hyatt Team.

We got back to the Hyatt, I was greeted by the Manager on Duty who also very politely and professionally apologized and thanked me for my understanding. I went to my room and it was of a quality I would expect at a 5 star resort. Large room, separate work station and desk, sitting area with a very comfortable couch, large TV and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was one most people would kill to have in their home. The in room refrigerator was large enough for plenty of drinks and snacks. The room, lobby and all the common areas were spotless. The little restaurant/bar was very good with reasonable prices. Great food without the normal high hotel price with friendly service. The shower had water pressure better than any hotel I've stayed in. Didn't want to get out..

It was time to leave. I made a reservation for a 9:15 AM airport shuttle but was ready to check out early. I went to the front desk and asked if there was room on an earlier shuttle since I was up and ready. The driver immediately got the keys and took me there on the spot. Check out was fast and pleasant. The morning shuttle driver was equally as friendly, courteous and professional as the rest of the staff I encountered.

I will be back and would recommend The Hyatt Place Airport to anyone who wants 5 star service at a fraction of the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was at the hotel for 1 night after flying in for a morning meeting. The hotel was literatly 2 minutes from the airport, very easy to get to and free parking. Staff was very friendly and helpful, room was very spacious, even had a couch/sitting area and fridge etc. Clean and everything looked fairly new. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Milwaukee, it was only a 15 minute drive to downtown and 2 min. from the airport.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor near a roof vent over the entrance that made a bit of noise, they ask you...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business