“clean and friendly”

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Ranked #20 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt for a great price that we got on Priceline. The hotel has been upgraded, and the room was quite nice. The staff was incredibly helpful, and we were impressed with the exercise facility, which is also updated, well supplied, and very clean.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)

Reviewed March 29, 2010

This is the 3rd stay here in as many years. They finished the remodel from last year and the hotel looks very nice. Rooms are clean and nice sized.
Bathroom has a nice sized vanity and some shelves for storage, but is quite small. There is no light over the shower, so if you have low vision, this may be a problem.

Also, the curtain on the window of our room did not close all the way, leaving about a 8-10 inch gap, so the morning sun will wake you early if you are a late sleeper.

Breakfast was OK, for the price paid, it could have been better.

Front desk was very helpful when we had an issue with a parking pass that had been promised. They figured it out and delivered our pass to the room within 15 minutes of our checking in.

Overall, nice stay. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I have stayed here at least 10 times, quality is consistent, rooms are always clean, staff is helpful and personable. i am fairly resourceful, like to be left alone. I love the location of this hotel. On this stay I walked to the theater, restaurants, public museum, parade, mall and public market (that was a half hour hike). I have only eaten in the hotel restaurant once, prefer area restaurants. This hotel is safe and a great value. I did book on priceline, but would stay at full price too. It has everything I want in a hotel. You really can't hold how guests behave against a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed at this facility while catching a Buck's game. The first visit the hotel was under construction so the noise and confusion was expected..this past week was a nightmare.

I have two younger children and after the Buck's game we returned to our room..approx from 1a-4a on Friday and Saturday we had to listen to drunk, rowdy patrons of the hotel..yelling, hollering and crying. I did not hear anybody within the hotel come to quiet the patrons down and honestly, was a little nervous to stick my own neck out.

Also, noted is that several very young kids were in the workout area in the morning on the machines, without supervision and people that really wanted to use it..could not.

Not sure if we will stay there again.

Reviewed March 10, 2010

When I prepaid my reservation on-line for the Hyatt, I specifically requested a quiet room in the corner on a higher floor, to avoid the often noisy atrium. I also signed up for Gold Passport, assuring certain perks.

Upon check-in, I was placed in the wrong kind of room, but I was simply too tired to change rooms at the time. That night, people in the bar area were literally screaming with laughter and conversation. I called front desk, but they quickly explained, that the bar would be closing soon – some 90 minutes later.

However, after bar time, the “party” moved up to the floors. I had to call and ask for some quiet a third time. It was now 3:00am, and I had been up since 5:00am the previous morning.

Upon departure, I left my phone in my room. As soon as I got to the airport, I called front desk, only to be reminded that they would send it to me, but for a $7.95 fee. They then sent someone to check the room, but when I called back, we were told the phone wasn’t found. I called back days later and was told by housekeeping that the phone wasn’t there. I then proceeded to get a new phone, and switch services, only to receive it from the hotel, via a FedEx envelope, some nine days later.

Front desk could have called me, and housekeeping, once the phone was found, which according to security, happened just after check out. They also could have sent it USPS and got it there cheaper and sooner.

The Rooms Exec comped mosy of my bill, but the phone issue and the shipping charge were absurd. A group of my academic colleagues are planning a conference there this fall. I MUST have a word with them first.

1  Thank DelmarvaDaktari
Reviewed March 10, 2010

From the moment I checked in, I could tell I was going to enjoy my stay here. The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The beds were also fantastic... I had a great night of sleep. Only wish the parking was free... however if you use the C&W surface parking lot across the street, it was only $12 for overnight parking.

Reviewed March 1, 2010

This hotel is modern and comfortable but not over the top. Just the sort of place you can relax and feel at home in. The people I came in contact with were really helpful and friendly. Everything in this hotel has been updated. They didn't have a room ready when I checked in, but even though they it was only going to be 10-15 minutes they gave me some free drink coupons from the bar and a free breakfast. I thought that was pretty cool, considering I didn't ask and it truly was only a 10 minute wait.

The room was immaculate, and so was the bathroom. The room size was sort of small (think New York or San Francisco) but otherwise great. The only downfall is the weird parking setup they have there. For a hotel this size (its huge) they only have this tiny two lane area for cars thats really awkward because you can't really leave your car there to check in, nor is there any place else to park. Add to this strangeness is that the valet operates in the same spot, and it was full. So it was total gridlock trying to figure out what to do next, people honking and all that. Went next door to the parking complex that the Hyatt uses and it was FULL!! Literally every space! They should seriously address this situation for hotel guests...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business