“Fun Weekend”

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Ranked #20 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We stayed here for a holiday weekend in Milwaukee. The location of the hotel is very good and the front desk was friendly. The rooms were clean and updated with flat screen TV. The lobby looked nice with the renovations. However, two of the elevators were not working resulting in long waiting times. We also feel that Hyatt should start offering some of the little things that make a stay pleasant such as free internet and at least a small coffee bar or continental breakfast. There was a one cup coffee maker in the room with just enough for two cups of coffee. Overall it was a convenient place to stay and we would return.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,725)

Reviewed May 25, 2009

Beautifully renovated rooms hide what appear to be cost cutting measures. The newly installed Super low-flow shower heads meant the water barely trickled out. They came up to check on it but didn't seem fazed. It was awful. The new 28 watt CFL lights prevented us from reading while in bed.
Though the staff was excellent, I expected much more from a Hyatt, and always got it in the past - not anymore.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
JTabor, Director of Revenue at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2009

Thank you for your comments! We do greatly appreciate hearing opinions from different perspectives as to how our hotel is doing and how our changes are perceived.

I find your perspective on the hotel's initiatives very interesting. We are trying to become a "green" hotel. In order to officially become certified "green" there are certain requirements we need to meet. The low-flow shower head and the energy efficient light bulbs are part of the process. We have not heard other comments in regards to guests having trouble reading in the guestroom (since the overall illumination is the same versus our old bulbs) nor about our restricted flow shower heads, but will definitely keep an eye on it. We want to make sure we do the right things for our guests while at the same time do the right things for our city and planet.

I do admit that I am slightly dissapointed to hear that our changes are perceived as "cost cutting" initiatives. Yes, in the long-run we will break even or save a little money by implementing these changes. However, in the short term, there is a substantial financial outlay to purchase these new shower heads and light bulbs (for 481 rooms plus extras for spares). To make that type of financial/environmental decision in one of the worst economic years that Hotels have seen in quite some time, makes me proud to be part of the Hyatt Regency in Milwaukee. It shows me that my owners are willing to do the right thing, even if it isn't a "convenient" time financially.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope I may have shifted your point of view in regards to our initiatives! I will also keep an eye out for any other similar comments, because ultimately our priority has to be guest satisfaction.

Reviewed May 22, 2009

When we searched for this hotel online, we found that this hotel offered free parking, but when we arrived we were informed that there was no valet parking and we had to park in a public parking garage. The service at the reception desk was not at all courteous and can be called rude. There was NO night manager available, although a hotel of this calibre typically should have one. In the room we wanted to use a Milwaukee telephone directory, but there wasn't one in the room. We requested one from the so-called "perfect stay" staff but it took four persistent phone calls and half an hour to finally get one. That too was an old version. We were told that in this "perfect stay" hotel, there was NO single telephone directory!!!! The TV in the room was old and the channels were not working properly. Both phones in the room were malfunctional - we couldn't use some service buttons! Finally, to add insult to injury, when we were checking out, the front desk calculated the bill incorrectly. We have stayed at many hotels accross the country and the stay in this hotel was the worst we have experienced. Although we came to stay for 3 nights, we checked out just after the first night and never will go to a Hyatt again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank t_jans2005
Reviewed May 15, 2009

I have gone twice to this hotel for a convention. In two weeks, I leave again for my
stay there. I have always been impressed with the service and comfort of the Hyatt.
I am sure during the renovation there was some inconvenience. However, my ex-
periences have been very good. I am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Had a really nice weekend stay at the Hyatt. Beautiful lobby areas, great lobby bar, with great service. The rooms are a good size, bathrooms are small, but nicely decorated. The bed was very, very comfortable.

Other than a wait for the elevators (2 out of 4 were down) our weekend stay was terrific. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Not the best Hyatt that I've stayed in. Considering the hotel is still under renovation, expect minor inconveniences: limited elevator access, areas roped off. The location of the hotel is great with most noteworthy sites within walking distance.

Service was a little off though. The receptionist was less than helpful, almost to the point of downright rudeness. She checked me in, then left me standing to serve another guest even though I needed to have my luggage stored (I arrived early in the morning and my room was not yet available), and I had tourist information questions.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We went to dinner at the Bistro 333. This is the new restaurant and bar added during the hotel remodel. The food was excellent and the prices reasonable. The bar area is great and very nice for chatting or watching sports on all the new flat screen TV's. Gread job Hyatt!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple