“Nice Hotel, Better Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #17 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Miami, FL
“Nice Hotel, Better Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Got stuck in this hotel for a few nights because of a snow storm. The hotel is very nice. Its decor is very chic. The bar and bistro area are great for lounging and having a few drinks. The room was a good size and also has a moderny decor and the bathroom was updated as well. The location of the hotel seemed perfect. It was a quick walk to the lake and has a plethora of restaurants and brewery's surrounding it. The staff was very helpful with finding local attractions and recommending places to eat. The parking garage that connects directly to the hotel is awesome for snowy days. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
MilwaukeeHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thanks for the great comments, and be sure to pass the word along - the Hyatt is the place to stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee from February 21-24. Kinda bummed to be home! It's real close and convenient to everything and the food was delicious. The only thing "negative" I can say is the lighting in the rooms could use improvement. I came without a plan, just a spur of the moment vacation and the staff definitely made my stay better. The front desk was extremely helpful and at Bar 333 I met a bartender named Danny G. He was an amazing bartender. Be sure to go in and ask him for his raspberry lemon drop. To die for! I'd totally stay here again.

• 5 of 5 stars
MilwaukeeHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Wow...thanks for all the great comments! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I were looking online at a casino package, and this hotel was part of the partner hotels. The hotel is very clean, the staff (especially Andy and Kody in the bar) were very friendly and the room had an excellent view. The bed was perfect (not too soft or firm) and the live band in the lobby couldn't be heard unless you opened the door. Another gem in downtown Milwaukee!!

• 5 of 5 stars
Wow...so happy to hear of your great time! Our Liquid Chefs are the best...come back soon!
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We've stayed here twice now....once on New Years Eve and recently for the Auto Show. Very nice rooms, excellent front desk service, speedy valet service and convenient to Delta Convention Center. We attended a formal gala there and I appreciated not needing to walk outdoors in a formal dress in winter. We took a shuttle service to the casino on New Years Eve. It was running late and the Valet person quickly made a couple of calls to determine the whereabouts of the shuttle. The parking is pricey but that seems to be more common just about everywhere lately.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great comments...we hope you stay with us again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Quick and easy review of the hotel is very nice hotel. Fast service at the front desk and it was busy the night I stayed. Room was very nice with a king size bed. Flat screen tv that could rotate to see while in bed. Your simple bathroom with shower and sink. The room did have a in room safe and iron. The only downside is the parking options. A lot next door or valet at the Hyatt. Both of which charge about 25 dollars a day,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glad we could be there for you in a pinch! Please feel free to speak with our Front Desk staff next time you stay with us...perhaps we can suggest some other parking options.
Montello, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for a conference for 2 nights. The hotel definitely had some pluses and also a few minuses.
Pros:
Very clean rooms
Customer service was excellent at both the front desk, bar, banquet staff and housekeeping
Exercise room was excellent
Free WiFi
The bar was very nice and I loved the sitting area outside the bar it was very cozy and there were 4 flat screen tvs if you wanted to watch some tv.

Cons:
I did not find the beds very comfortable
The food was mediocre for the conference but they were cooking for 400+ people so what can you expect! There were a few items that were amazing suck as the apple pie OMG it was the best and the chocolate cake!
Parking was crazy expensive. One day is $25! And the day we came it was a nightmare there was something going on downtown so the parking structures were closed so we drove around the block 4 times not knowing what to do since the company throwing the conference told us to park in a particular parking structure so finally we went around the cones and they let us through it was just a huge hassle!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
MilwaukeeHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that your experience at the hotel did not quite meet your expectations, however, we look forward to you allowing us to try again soon. As an aside, if you are experiencing problems with parking, feel free to stop at the front desk or bellstand - our staff will be happy to recommend alternate parking or assist you in any way possible.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was the most unbelievable, horrible hotel stay. I booked this hotel via Hotwire expecting a 4 star hotel experience for myself and my son, based on the site information.  Little did I know this hotel was essentially sponsoring the Anime convention. I can't begin to share how disgusting the unsupervised behavior of this population was and how it negatively impacted our stay and the perception of the Hyatt. If the hotel wants to sponsor or support events of this nature, so be it, but to solicit other unknowing guests is wrong.

They did not have the appropriate staff or security to manage the hundreds of unsupervised adolescents running the halls, rushing/cramming the elevators, loud obnoxious behavior and inapproapriate language. It was an intimidating and uncomfortable environment. At one point, there were 200+ kids laying through the hotel lobby amidst fast food wrappers and pizza boxes. Late into Saturday evening there was a "scream fest" where all the kids - those in the lobby and on all floors started screaming.  The employees appeared flustered - one woman walked our floor - told me if I started screaming, I would get kicked out. Mind you, my son and I were the only ones not in "costume." I was shocked as she approached us with this comment while there was clearly uncontrolled chaos elsewhere.

After reaching out to Hyatt corporate, I was notified I would be contacted by a local manager. At checkout morning, my phone lit up indicating there was a message at the front desk. The woman checking me out said "oh yes- Nancy said you would be coming." After listening to my brief feedback, she did acknowledge they had a "busy" weeekend. She then asked if I was a member of their hotel club of which I say, no. She said if I would join, she would give me 8000 points for my inconvenience. Wow. All of this only made it worse. Why would I want to join their program after this experience? This went beyond free points for future stays. And "busy?" I've stayed in many busy hotels - this was crazy.

The curious irony? My checkout girl was the same flustered one who threatened to kick me out if I started screaming with the others Saturday night.

Hyatt - you  can't maintain an elevated status and consumer confidence with service and behavior like this. Hotwire should edit you as a client if this is the how you choose to manage your business.  I have traveled extensively and this has been the most unnerving and disgusting experience.

I am a very satisfied Starwood member and I should have known better - they are fabulous and ensure customer satisfaction and commit to a positive stay and experience. Additionally, we moved to the Ironhorse hotel which validated every callous here - they were amazing and I will go back there every time. A+ Ironhorse!

Customers beware - choose anywhere but Hyatt!

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Cindy1695
MilwaukeeHyatt, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to inform us of the inadequacies you experienced during your stay, again. Unfortunately, we were unable to accommodate you or reach you prior to your morning check out. We hope you look at this as a rare situation and not a reflection of any lack of high concern for your patronage. Let me simply say, that all of us here at the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee are able to provide a much better and more pleasant experience for our guests that what you had the misfortune of experiencing. Please accept my sincere apologies for not living up to our high level of service that we are known for.