“Slept with a butterfly...knife”

Milwaukee Airport Inn
Ranked #53 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Slept with a butterfly...knife”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I impulsively decided to stay another night in Milwaukee but did not want to spend a lot of money. We didn't need anything extravagant but I absolutely would have dropped a bit more money for something safer than. For starters, the electronic locks to enter the hotel were damaged. Anybody can stroll right into this hotel and access your room. After my experience, I suppose that the locks were probably disabled on purpose. Furthermore, I find it rather unsettling that a large poster stating "ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARMS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES" needs to be posted. Maybe it's a Wisconsin thing? Individuals just linger around the lobby giving off the impression that they have no real business being there. Besides the electronic locks being broken, our heat also did not work. This was a real pleasure staying here when the temperature outside was below 18 degrees! We were absolutely freezing ALL night. We attempted to warm up our room with the steam from a hot shower. The water in both the sink and the shower was a nauseating yellow. You would be better off brushing your teeth in the Milwaukee River than in this hotel’s bathroom sink. To top of this shamefully, appalling room was the patio door barely locked. The safety bar was missing and duct tape was struggling to hold part of the door together. The woman from hotels.com raved that this hotel was one of the highest rated and best valued hotels near the Milwaukee airport. She must have forgotten to tell us that she was comparing this hotel to other hotels that were charmingly located in a windowless, rape van with "Candy" written on the side. This hotel is grimy, dangerous, dilapidated and definitely unsatisfying. It’s not worth the deal no matter what. Listen to me and every other review, stay someplace else. If you do venture to this shabby joint, don’t say we didn’t warn you. If you are not staying with an Army Ranger, trust me you don’t want to be here.

Room Tip: Here's a tip, choose none of the rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Storm B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had a little problem with cheap hotels but the hotel itself was ok... customer service was great. Just needs to be a little more clean and better mattress... overall it's a place to conveniently last minute stay...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calistoga, California
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We flew to Milwaukee from the state of Virginia in what was going to be our 7 day vacation. We were going to visit Milwaukee, WI., Detroit, MI. and Chicago, IL. We stayed at this hotel for the one day we spent in Milwaukee. The location for this hotel was very central and close to places. The rooms were clean and spacious. I did not like the fact that they didn't have an elevator, but it's a budget motel, so whatever.
The room did have microwave, fridge and nice channels in the TV. Overall I was very pleased with this place, I do not recall anything that bothered me from this place.
We payed $45.00 for one night so I think it was worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank POLLITOS2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Made the reservation through expedia - whom actually was very wonderful in handling this - bathroom and room were not cleaned in days, dust and hair all over bathroom. The toilet was used and not flushed. Typically that i can overlook, but the bloody towels, the staff assuming that i was lying, and the staff not communicating to the General Manager made this situation very difficult. I was interrogated as if i was at a police department in why i wanted a full refund and not to change rooms. Would you want another room from this hotel if you put a towel on your face that had dried blood on it?

Room Tip: Dont Stay at this hotel if your a business person, a family, or anyone that cares about personal hyg...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Tomas S
Madison
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel was filthy and, quite honestly, a little scary. From the inept night clerk to the dead flies and dirt in the halls to the 4 inches of standing water in the bathtub...this place was by far the worst I've ever stayed at. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $10 to stay at a nicer place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Kathy C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The check in was perfect, the rep was very pleasant...I had reserved 2 queen beds...there was only 1 face towel in the room...I ask the night clerk for more he said the towels were locked up...so when I woke up in the morning I ask 2 different daytime clerk and I was advice they only provide 1 face towel per room...I was so in shock...I had to travel 3 miles down the road to purchase a few face towels. I was going to extend my stay for 2 more days but when they advise me of 1 face towel per room. I chose another hotel a few miles away...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Olney, Illinois
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Messed up the reservations, gave a us keys to rooms that already had people in them. Had to beg for bath towels, wash rags and a pillow that wasn't flat and worn out. A couple who was traveling with me was asked to get up in the middle of the night and make their bed so it looked like it was never slept in. They were put into another room that had blood all over the walls. Then the Night manager had the never to say that we were some of the rudest people and we were not welcome back. Now the restaurant in this Hotel is absolutely fabulous, We definitively eat there again. Good food and service. Don't waste your money staying here!!!

Room Tip: Just don't waste your time or money!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends