“great convenient stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
A TripAdvisor Member
“great convenient stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had a little problem with cheap hotels but the hotel itself was ok... customer service was great. Just needs to be a little more clean and better mattress... overall it's a place to conveniently last minute stay...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Calistoga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We flew to Milwaukee from the state of Virginia in what was going to be our 7 day vacation. We were going to visit Milwaukee, WI., Detroit, MI. and Chicago, IL. We stayed at this hotel for the one day we spent in Milwaukee. The location for this hotel was very central and close to places. The rooms were clean and spacious. I did not like the fact that they didn't have an elevator, but it's a budget motel, so whatever.
The room did have microwave, fridge and nice channels in the TV. Overall I was very pleased with this place, I do not recall anything that bothered me from this place.
We payed $45.00 for one night so I think it was worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank POLLITOS2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Made the reservation through expedia - whom actually was very wonderful in handling this - bathroom and room were not cleaned in days, dust and hair all over bathroom. The toilet was used and not flushed. Typically that i can overlook, but the bloody towels, the staff assuming that i was lying, and the staff not communicating to the General Manager made this situation very difficult. I was interrogated as if i was at a police department in why i wanted a full refund and not to change rooms. Would you want another room from this hotel if you put a towel on your face that had dried blood on it?

Room Tip: Dont Stay at this hotel if your a business person, a family, or anyone that cares about personal hyg...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Tomas S
Madison
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel was filthy and, quite honestly, a little scary. From the inept night clerk to the dead flies and dirt in the halls to the 4 inches of standing water in the bathtub...this place was by far the worst I've ever stayed at. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $10 to stay at a nicer place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Kathy C
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The check in was perfect, the rep was very pleasant...I had reserved 2 queen beds...there was only 1 face towel in the room...I ask the night clerk for more he said the towels were locked up...so when I woke up in the morning I ask 2 different daytime clerk and I was advice they only provide 1 face towel per room...I was so in shock...I had to travel 3 miles down the road to purchase a few face towels. I was going to extend my stay for 2 more days but when they advise me of 1 face towel per room. I chose another hotel a few miles away...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Olney, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Messed up the reservations, gave a us keys to rooms that already had people in them. Had to beg for bath towels, wash rags and a pillow that wasn't flat and worn out. A couple who was traveling with me was asked to get up in the middle of the night and make their bed so it looked like it was never slept in. They were put into another room that had blood all over the walls. Then the Night manager had the never to say that we were some of the rudest people and we were not welcome back. Now the restaurant in this Hotel is absolutely fabulous, We definitively eat there again. Good food and service. Don't waste your money staying here!!!

Room Tip: Just don't waste your time or money!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Elizbeth G
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stay here for business. Not necessarily by choice. My stays were generally ...ok... to say the best. But it seems they FINALLY got rid of that horrible manager (I don't recall her name). She was very unresponsive to concerns or complaints and had a general attitude of "I've got your money, now go away.) She would often have rather unsavory "friends" hanging around at the front desk socializing when she should be answering the phones, etc..

Anyway... I met the new manager on my last stay and I must say... I was very pleased with his level of service and genuine concern for his guests comfort. I've even heard him mention that rooms will finally be upgraded over time. A very nice change. I hope he keeps this going!

I will say one rather negative thing about this hotel. As a business traveler, their house internet service needs to be SERIOUSLY upgraded. 802.11b wireless and slow DSL? C'mon AMBV... Lets upgrade this SOON!

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side of the North/South facing buildings building have less noise from the constr...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank BodyBuilderDave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Rodeway Inn & Suites Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 stars 203 reviews
Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Northwest
Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport

Been to Milwaukee Airport Inn? Share your experiences!