“Not Happy” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not Happy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

The check in was perfect, the rep was very pleasant...I had reserved 2 queen beds...there was only 1 face towel in the room...I ask the night clerk for more he said the towels were locked up...so when I woke up in the morning I ask 2 different daytime clerk and I was advice they only provide 1 face towel per room...I was so in shock...I had to travel 3 miles down the road to purchase a few face towels. I was going to extend my stay for 2 more days but when they advise me of 1 face towel per room. I chose another hotel a few miles away...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Olney, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Messed up the reservations, gave a us keys to rooms that already had people in them. Had to beg for bath towels, wash rags and a pillow that wasn't flat and worn out. A couple who was traveling with me was asked to get up in the middle of the night and make their bed so it looked like it was never slept in. They were put into another room that had blood all over the walls. Then the Night manager had the never to say that we were some of the rudest people and we were not welcome back. Now the restaurant in this Hotel is absolutely fabulous, We definitively eat there again. Good food and service. Don't waste your money staying here!!!

Room Tip: Just don't waste your time or money!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Elizbeth G

Travelers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stay here for business. Not necessarily by choice. My stays were generally ...ok... to say the best. But it seems they FINALLY got rid of that horrible manager (I don't recall her name). She was very unresponsive to concerns or complaints and had a general attitude of "I've got your money, now go away.) She would often have rather unsavory "friends" hanging around at the front desk socializing when she should be answering the phones, etc..

Anyway... I met the new manager on my last stay and I must say... I was very pleased with his level of service and genuine concern for his guests comfort. I've even heard him mention that rooms will finally be upgraded over time. A very nice change. I hope he keeps this going!

I will say one rather negative thing about this hotel. As a business traveler, their house internet service needs to be SERIOUSLY upgraded. 802.11b wireless and slow DSL? C'mon AMBV... Lets upgrade this SOON!

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side of the North/South facing buildings building have less noise from the constr...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BodyBuilderDave
Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

So my husband and I check as long term residents which translated into their language means "no bedding change, no vacuuming, no toilet paper, soap, anything." Here I am a middle aged woman walking down the hall with no make up and dressed in sweats and I get hit on by men in the hallway. They are either blind and/or drunk or drugged up. The overall staff during the day hours were wonderful, but the night time manager "Jose" must have thought he was on a new realty program called "world's worst hotel manager." He repeatedly changed the policy, then presents us with a so called "contract" that he thought we had signed when we originally checked in. After informing him that we did not sign such a contract, he turned into the invisible man. Entering the so called fitness room you needed an insurance policy in case of injury with all the equipment hardly functioning and wobbly. Being leered at by strange men hanging out in the doorway made me wish I had brought a tazer along. So if you want to feel like you are starring in a new version of "Psycho" check into the American Best Value Hotel on 17th&Layton and it will truly be an experience to be remembered.

Room Tip: Check the online reviews first!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank WIsecondhoneymooners
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

I travel to Milwaukee for business and I stay there because its somewhat decent for the $$. Last trip in Oct 2011 was horrible. I was approached by a man who first words were I am a drug addict and he stopped me and refused to let me go around. Wanted money so he could buy his drugs in the parking lot. Called and complained, nothing happened. Second, the garbage was not picked up on a Sunday from guests putting their trash in the hallways and garbage overflowed in the hallways and it smelled like old pizza and stale beer. Third, my credit card was overcharged by $500.00 and had to call to complain that it was incorrect and dont they check their accounting. Fourth, Today, Novemeber 22, 2011 checked my credit card and guess what? They charged me for staying at their hotel on Nov 21, 2011 when I was in a different city at home. Called to find out what is going on, and was told there was not one manager on duty to help me to find out why my credit card was being charged for a room that didnt have any reservation or check in made by me. Where do they get off charging my credit card when I havent been there in almost a month nor made reservations. My next stop is law enforcement. Sure could have used them there the night the drug addict was in the lobby hitting on women.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank travelchickchicago1
Ankeny, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

We are originally from milwaukee,we needed to come back for a funeral so stay in a hotel for 1 night drive home next day , when we got to hotel i was like awww the old howard johsons, cool should be nice, ewww is all i can say it was like someone came in there wiped the table off quick wipe of sink quick vac and done. pubic hair in shower and on bathroom floor , cant even guess what was on floor lol , remote needed batteries front desk didnt have the screwdriver to open it , stood there watching her walk around trying to think of somthing, finally got it thank me with nails to get the screws out broke a nail but i dont care. they stole my favorite body pillow , my fault for forgetting but give me a break i called a couple hrs later after check out and the guy said ill get it and bring it down cuz i said i was coming to get it. get there and nothing just a STUPID LOOK on his face. i said it was stolen he said yes . alot of live - ins there and a few pets but to my happieness they didnt bark makes me wonder why lol alot of working girls and drunks , sad that area turned out that way :(

Room Tip: anywhere but here if staying longer then a night or 2
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Though the girl at the front desk was nice, it was downhill from there. The pool was empty in July, the broken windows were duct taped. The hall smelled. There was a girl either passed out or dead in the parking lot, so we notified front desk. The room door across the hall from us was open when we got there. All we heard was a tv and all we saw was a leg calf. 4 hours later the body was still there. Dead or passed out? Creepy people, garage sale furniture in rooms. I pick the next one, not him!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marycairns56
Kenkohli, General Manager at Milwaukee Airport Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
I am sorry this guest had a bad stay at out property. We strive to maintain clean, comfortable rooms. We are renovating for your convenience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Rodeway Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#25 of 54 in Milwaukee
Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport

Been to Milwaukee Airport Inn? Share your experiences!