“Walking into Northleaf is like taking a step back in time.”
Review of Northleaf Winery

Northleaf Winery
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Milton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: On any given day you can find fun at Northleaf Winery! Complimentary tasting, share a bottle of wine and a cheese tray, try our unique wine and chocolate pairings, paint a wine glass or a wine bottle, or just hang out with us in the tasting room or on the deck. Northleaf Winery is a small, urban, family winery. All wines are made on site in craft batches, from grapes grown coast to coast. The tasting room is in an 1850 building on the National Registry of Historic Places. We give tours of the winery by reservation, and have a free video tour in the tasting room. We have a Bistro & Market next door with a huge deck for outdoor eating and music events, and fondue dinners the last Saturday of each month. A spacious and luxurious Guest House sits above the Bistro for a great getaway for you and your special someone.
Janesville, WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walking into Northleaf is like taking a step back in time.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

If you need a break from the rush and stress of your life, make Northleaf Winery your next outing. Let their friendly, helpful staff pour you a taste of a well crafted wine and enjoy the company of others with the same idea. Browse around the wonderful gift shop and take home a few bottles of wine to remember your day. It is one of my favorite local getaways.

Visited August 2013

Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My first visit was a great experience. Very helpful staff, good variety of wine related merchandise. Enjoyed my tasting experience, surprised myself with some of my choices to take home. I found the tasting room to be of much interest, the 1850 restored building, very rustic. Seems to have become an after work gathering spot. The bar also serves beer giving another option. After tasting and making my purchases I headed over to the Bistro.
I enjoyed the sandwich I ordered. I made a change of cheese to one of their standard sandwiches. I had a glass of wine to accompany my sandwich.
With the new bypass Northleaf is now a bit off the beaten path, but I plan on returning.

Visited August 2013
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Second time!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Once again what an enjoyable trip! Food at Bristo was really good (had quiche & sandwich this time) service was great! Wine tasting was wonderful the staff in this place is just incredible always make you feel important and comfortable! Wine prices top out at 15.00 which is so cheap for really good wine! It's a must go! Watch Groupon for deals too!

janesville, wi
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I had the luxury of purchasing a Groupon for lunch and a wine & chocolate tasting. Both the lunch and the wine tasting were amazing. The staff at the Winery were great to interact with and my wife and I really enjoyed our time there. We look forward to going back soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fabulous Guest House!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband, a friend, and myself all stayed in the Guest House over the July 4 weekend. It was such a fantastic experience! The Guest House is a full, two-bedroom apartment located above the bistro (the bistro is across the parking lot from the winery, owned by the same lovely woman). It was very spacious. Really well decorated. Very comfortable. One large room with a king-sized bed. Connected to this room was a small sitting room with a daybed. A second, smaller room containing a twin-size bed is located beyond the living room and full kitchen. One bathroom with an awesome tub and massaging showerhead. And there is even a washer and dryer.

We ate at the bistro a number of times during our stay - mainly because the food was really great! The bistro offers an array of sandwiches, soups, salads, and quiche. Everything we had tasted amazing. The bistro also offers a number of items for purchase - from decorated plates and glasses to artisan cheeses and sausages. And, of course, you can also purchase bottles of their wine.

The winery is in a beautiful, old building. The decor was beautiful. The wines were fantastic. The staff was knowledgeable and very friendly. We loved the wine so much we left with a case!

We highly recommend Northleaf Winery and Bistro. They exceeded our expectations. We are already planning a return trip!