“Best Wine Pairing Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Northleaf Winery

Northleaf Winery
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Milton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: On any given day you can find fun at Northleaf Winery! Complimentary tasting, share a bottle of wine and a cheese tray, try our unique wine and chocolate pairings, paint a wine glass or a wine bottle, or just hang out with us in the tasting room or on the deck. Northleaf Winery is a small, urban, family winery. All wines are made on site in craft batches, from grapes grown coast to coast. The tasting room is in an 1850 building on the National Registry of Historic Places. We give tours of the winery by reservation, and have a free video tour in the tasting room. We have a Bistro & Market next door with a huge deck for outdoor eating and music events, and fondue dinners the last Saturday of each month. A spacious and luxurious Guest House sits above the Bistro for a great getaway for you and your special someone.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Wine Pairing Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I love wine and have visited wineries all the around the country. Most wineries I enjoy the wine and chocolate pairings but this one was out of this world. I've never experienced the flavor of the wine burst in my mouth due to chocolate they paired with it. My husband and I were very impressed. They also have a great bistro next door that offers organic salads and build your own panini's. Overall it was a great experience and I can't wait to go back and try their Wine and Cheese pairing.

Visited March 2013

Oshkosh, WI
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great small town winery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This small town winery is a real gem. We enjoyed a great wine and chocolate tasting, hosted by the owner. After the tasting we were given a tour of the facility, housed in a historic building which has been beautifully renovated for its current use as the winery. The unique wines were all very good, and the friendly owners really made our visit special.

Visited November 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I love visiting winerys. We went to Northleaf and found the staff to be very friendly. After trying their wines we fell in love with, well almost all of them. Most of the time we visit a winery and like a handfull of wines. At Northleaf we honestly like them all.
The inside of the building reminds us of a country setting, being warm and cozy and the wind is great! Since our first trip to Northleaf we have been back twice and will be back on a monthly basis.

Visited September 2012
Round Lake, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Little Winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great little place! Very friendly worker. Free wine tasting! Good selections if you like drier wines.....

Visited July 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Why didn't I stop before now? Worth the visit -”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We live nearby and have driven by numerous times - we finally stopped and I can't believe I have missed out on other opportunities. After parking - the building on the left is a sit-down cafe with soup, salads, sandwiches and it also has items for sell. The building on the right is the winery store - ask for a tasting sheet and you are allowed 6 samples at no cost. There is a large selection of wines - I recommend trying the cranberry wine for a holiday offering. This is a tart wine and would be perfect at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I bought a medium bodied wine that has a very distinct concord flavor - reminds me of wine more readily available from upstate NY. Very friendly staff - nice environment - a fun stop and new favorite. Wines are not sold in other local shops / stores - some selections are offered in 2 local restaurants.

Visited July 2012