“Great RV Park for families”

Hidden Valley RV Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milton
Hidden Valley RV Resort
Petaluma, California
“Great RV Park for families”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have been coming to the Hidden Valley RV Resort for the last five years. Every year we bring some of our grandchildren with us. We enjoy this park and there are a lot of things for the kids to do. The grounds are clean, the facilities are clean and we like the fact that this is a family owned RV Resort. Keep up the good work and we will see you next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DroolieK

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Indiana
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Too many campgrounds claim they are a resort but you realize this place is different as you turn onto their landscaped long drive back into the resort.

Staff was friendly RV site was level with mature trees. Everything was very nice.

Only issue was interstate is nearby so you do hear some road noise at night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PhotTraveler
Reviewed August 4, 2013

if u want to be treated like a teenager sitting in detention, stay here! We were impressed at how beautiful the grounds were and the bathrooms. We had an end site that was ok in size but when we looked out our windows people were sitting within a couple of feet. All the sites were about 8 feet apart with a 4 foot piece of grass to yourself! The pool is a little bigger than a bathtub, very small!

The camp cop, owner, drove around on his golf cart telling people to get their dogs on a leash, but friends of his were allowed to let their dog roam free. Different strokes for different folks!

If u want to sit and look at your beautiful small patch of grass quietly and do nothing else go here! If you are too loud camp cop will threaten you and treat you like a child instead of practicing some good customer service and simply asking you to quiet down.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank wildwood120
Woodstock, Illinois
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family stayed in one of the 2 cabins available for rent, since several of our friends were camping there in pop-ups and RVs. The cabin had a table & chairs, counter, charcoal grill, heat and air, and 4 beds (sleeping for 6). Staying in a cabin instead of a tent didn't save us much work, since we still had to supply our own bedding, keep a cooler for food, and cook on the grill; but at least we had a sturdy structure when it stormed, and A/C when it was hot. They also did supply a dustpan and broom, along with a mop and bucket, so we could keep the floor clean. At ~$100 for a weekend night, the cost was as much, or more, than a decent motel room in the area.

The resort did have 2 different bathhouses, which were fairly clean. The pool was nice and included a small waterfall, but it was on the small side. Our group had children ranging from 7-17 years old, and all were entertained. The resort offers trails for hiking and biking, a playground for younger children and another playground for the older kids, horseshoe pits, 2 volleyball courts, basketball, Frisbee golf course, and ball diamond. They also have many planned activities on the weekend as well. Their on-site store had a wide variety of items for sale, as well as ice cream and hot food.

Overall, I thought it was a little pricy, and the bathrooms could have been maintained a little more frequently, but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: There are only 2 cabins, but for tents and RVs: the sites closer to the main building have more tree...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RadioRFD
Belvidere, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have been camping here by RV (weekends only) for the past five years. On the positive side, the campground itself is taken very good care of and they offer lots of amenities. A true family campground with lots for the kids to do. On the negative side, very poor customer relations. On one visit, the site we usually use was blowing a fuse at the pole. We called it in and a young woman informed us it had to be our fault. After pushing a little, she acknowledged that she would send someone out. Long story short, we finally got the owner himself the following day and he told us that it was a problem with an overused pole. He had it fixed in no time.

Be careful when making reservations. We make ours a couple of months in advance. When making reservations for our favorite site this year, the manager, inadvertently put down the wrong site number. It is easy to see how the mistake could happen because the site numbers were just one number off from each other. I didn't pick up on it when receiving our confirmation, I just noted the dates were down correctly. We arrived and had been given a site that did not have full hookups as we normally get and was right on top of the road...with our coach RV it would also be a little snug. We asked for another site and since that week is a very popular week in October...they could not accomodate us now. Very understandable BUT....again, it was pointed out to me by the Owner's wife that it was MY fault for not catching their mistake until I showed up for my first camping weekend. I should have caught it within two days of receiving their confirmation. I am asking to cancel the weekend in October and she is telling me that she will NOT waive the $10 cancellation fee because of "all the paperwork that they have to do and people cancel all of the time".

Honestly, if it wasn't for the questionable treatment from the owner and employees, I would have to say that this is a gem of a place. We are, regardless, paying customers and my husband and I are quiet, obey all rules, and just want a peaceful place to sit away from home.

We are looking now for other campgrounds in the area.

4 Thank Maijagirl
Wisconsin, US
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was our first time to Hidden Valley, and I was impressed at how nice the grounds are (trees to provide enough shade), the spots are pretty level, and the entire place seemed to be kept in great condition. There are two buildings w/ bathrooms & showers, and laundry room. I was impressed at how clean they are kept throughout the day. The pool is nice, small if the park was "full" and it wasn't when we were there. We went the weekend of June 28-30, so I think it wasn't full because the next weekend was the 4th of July "celebration" weekend (and we had a lot of rain in the forecast that weekend too!). There were plenty of planned activities for our two children (ages 10 & 11) to do on Saturday (which it rained off and on most of the day) and when it wasn't raining, we swam and rode our bikes around their nature trail.
We didn't need to buy anything at their "store" but they seemed to have a lot available, mostly the obvious things we seem to forget to pack! They even had frozen food like brats, burgers, hot dogs, etc... besides having a snack bar, that had meals! The kids had a blast, even w/ out having a TV for a weekend and having to deal w/ the rain (and chilly temperatures!). Kids will go swimming no matter what! My husband and I have been tent campers for many years, & in the past few years went to a pop up & now have "graduated" to a travel trailer! It was very easy to back into the site, which was very level.
When I had made the reservations, I did ask to be put near either of the bathroom buildings, and I have to say the site we got (109) was a great location (away from the main building). I read a previous review where it was noisy, etc.... I didn't think it was noisy, but as you get towards the main building, you can hear the highway. There is a bar that must have had live music Saturday night which we could hear, but that was only by the main building. We never heard any noise from our site.
I think this is a family friendly campground (NO ONE UNDER 21 CAN CAMP UNLESS W/ THEIR FAMILY) that appeals to the entire family. I use my children as my rating system, and when we were packing up to leave, they are totally honest w/ me and said they loved it and want to come back again!!

One thing we liked, but didn't use, is that about every 6 or so campsites, there were community fire pits (every campsite had one too), they were larger circles, so if you did have a group of friends/families, you could all circle around one big fire pit!

Also, their staff that we had to deal with (mostly young women) were extremely polite and helpful! I wished I could have met the owners, because I wanted to commend them on their property & the staff they have!

Room Tip: Take sites towards the back to avoid too much noise!
2 Thank Love2Ctheworld1117
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hidden Valley is one of our favorite nearby RV resorts. We live in the Chicago suburbs and it's easy to get to Hidden Valley since it's just a few miles north of Janesville, WI, off Exit 163. The owner takes immaculate care of the grounds. There's acres of grass and open fields, some of which are part of one of my favorite things; a Frisbee Golf Course. I've never seen one at an RV resort since most are so small, space wouldn't allow it. Hidden Valley has tons of space, and most of it looks like the fairway of a well-manicured golf club. There's a nice pool, golf cart rental, and they make lots of food in their canteen, and on weekends they'll even deliver it to your site. I always get one of the big, long, concrete sites since we have a Class A and tow our Jeep, but there's plenty of others that are great looking even if they're gravel. They have a nice path through the woods for carts or bikes, or hiking, and just across the bridge from the resort, there's a place to rent pontoon boats for 4 hours or the entire day. Great fun on the water since the lake is clean, not something you experience on the rivers these days unfortunately. The one thing I'd recommend the resort do is install cable TV, otherwise, we love it there and are going back again next weekend, and probably a few others yet this season. A certain recommendation for those that want a nice clean, well-maintained place, with lots to do, and a short drive from Chicago, Madison, or Milwaukee.

1 Thank edwardaberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
Comfort Inn Janesville
#4 of 9 in Janesville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 9 in Janesville

Been to Hidden Valley RV Resort? Share your experiences!