“OK for Seasonal Families”

Hidden Valley RV Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milton
Hidden Valley RV Resort
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I'd like to say what's nice about this place first. Check-in was easy. We paid on the phone and got our info at the entrance kiosk; the restrooms and showers were clean and modern, and air-conditioned; and there were adequate laundry facilities so there was no waiting; and there seemed too be really nice playgrounds and ball fields and enough activities to keep your children happy. There is also a nice hiking trail.
Now, the downside: don't stay here if you want to enjoy nature or peace. The campground is abuzz with golf carts day and night. When I made my reservation I was recommended to spot #27, of which I was told "Many people like that one", although I don't know why, because it is at the intersection of four lanes with the golf carts coming from all directions, with headlights on (oh, and watch out, because they ignore the one-way traffic patterns like a religion). Also, we were exposed on three sides to traffic. It was kind of small-ish relevant to the other pull-thrus and had little shade. I can't imagine why anyone would like that spot, I think it was just a sales tactic to make you decide to take a spot that they can't sell to anyone who actually can see it before paying. The pool was quite beautiful, but too small for the number of people who wanted to use it. There is a store, but it had very little in the way of groceries or other camping necessities, mostly candy, kid's trinkets, and souvenirs. Staff was quite friendly, but cleanliness in the buildings was suffering because there didn't seem to be enough staff to keep it up. Even though it was quite crowded on our weekend, this would be a peaceful place if they would eliminate the golf cart rentals, or restrict the numbers.
Our spot was a small pull-thru with water and electric. We paid $50 per day with a three-day minimum weekend stay. The dump station was free. All in all, I'd say it was better than most campgrounds of its' type.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sewsilly1

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a really nice, clean, well landscaped rv park. The staff is all friendly and they have great amenities. Wish we could stay longer!

• Stayed: June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
Quality Inn
#1 of 9 in Janesville
Ramada Janesville
Ramada Janesville
#7 of 9 in Janesville

Been to Hidden Valley RV Resort? Share your experiences!