“Great fish fry”

Buckhorn Supper Club
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Milton
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Great fish fry”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Fun supper club atmosphere. only camw for the fish fry and it was very good. was too cold tonight but outdoor seating looks nice for a summer evening...would recommend

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank deb2427

“For these prices I expect a tablecloth”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've been here several times over the past years. Last Saturday night was the last straw. The food is expensive for this area. I always say that I don't mind paying for good food, but this was just too much. My Honey and I both had the "Queen" cut prime rib. The prime rib was quite good, but everything else was just crummy. An old wilty iceburg lettuce salad, an overcooked potato...just poorly done for a place that tries to act like so much more. Our table not only had no tablecloth but the plastic veneer was lifting up and made a "bubble" on one large corner of the table (so much so that my girlfriend moved to the other side of the table). Once we refused dessert, the waitress cleared most of the plates, didn't refill our drinks and dropped off the check. I commented to my girlfriend that they must want our table, but nobody ever came to get the check! After 15-20 minuted I took the check to the hostess since it was obvious to us that we were revieving no more service. The hostess looked at me like I was crazy. When I explained that nobody came to get the bill another woman wispered something to her like "she's got that 12 in the bar". Well I guess they were more important than us! The hostess offered no explanation or apology.
On another visit I did order dessert and it was some dried out chocolate cake. When the waitress asked how I liked the cake I made a face and she said "Does it taste like a refrigerator?"..Really? and then she made no effort to make it better (offer another dessert or take the dry crap off of my bill)
Sooooooooooooo.....I'm done with the Buckhorn. I've given it 3 chances in the last year and I was underwhelmed every time. Drive to Madison and get some value for your money. I'm going to.

5 Thank PaperTiger67
La Crosse, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing all around”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were staying at the Comfort Inn and the front desk recommended The Buckhorn. From the call to make our reservation with Michelle the hostess, to the efficient bartenders, well knowledgeable waitress (Brittney), amazing dinner and desserts. Everything was perfect. We hope to come back in the summer to sit on the patio. So glad Michelle brought that to our attention. You can't go wrong with this family owned business.

1 Thank Barb J
Elkhart, Indiana
“What a JOKE”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It has been 30 years since we lived in the area to go The Buckhorn. They have not updated this place in 30!!!! YEARS!!! .And FUZZY stuffed animals & Babies room stick- on's put on the mirrors is so weird. Cafeteria tables with no table cloths shall I go on!!! The" food" and drinks were premium priced for the way the place looked. One small mixed drink and glass of wine $12.50 maybe thast why the bar was empty on a Saturday night. The large shrimp dinner was was the size of a appetizer portion. Streak was over cooked along with the scallops. And we were so excited to go back to a place that was part of our past. The best thing with the whole night was being with our family.

5 Thank m o
Janesville, Wisconsin
“A good atmosphere and a fine meal”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have eaten at the Buckhorn many times, but it certainly has been awhile. We were celebrating a late Valentine's day. Now I am asking myself - why we waited so long to go back? The sevivce was excellent and the atmosphere was very nice, the scene of light snow and the frozen lake- very pretty.
My friend did have to send his steak back for another minute or 2 to cook, but there was no complaints and was handled pleasantly and promptly. I had the Mahi Mahi - which was very good. I certainly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited February 2013