“Proceed with Caution”

Quillen's Big Bear Food and Spirits
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Mikana
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stopped during a snowmobile trip. The antlers mounted on the wall are very low set. I used an outlet to charge my phone and while bending down the elk antlers put a 3 inch gash in my forehead which caused need for 7 stitches. Owners did not seem concerned, and did not take my name or any report. We will not go back. Lack of concern for someone injured in this facility leads me to believe the owners are selfish and only concerned about their image. While I end up with an emergency room bill. Parents beware bringing your children here as it wouldn't be a surprise if their heads would get inured. The decor is all at chest/eye level. And I am only 5"3.

1  Thank Kelly C

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We ate there three evenings and ordered something different every evening. Servings were large so we split the dinner and just ordered and extra salad and soup. Prime rib was delicious, giant chicken wings were great and the sirloin with giant prawns were fantastic. If we are up that way again, we will definitely eat there again!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I dined here while on vacation. The service was great and the food was also great. We both had the fish and it must have been caught that day. It was so very fresh. I am a picky fish eater and I cannot say anything negative about it.
The atmosphere is eclectic. There is a huge stuffed bear in the dining room. There was a large separate bar area but we did not go in. Overall, a nice dining experience.

Been to Quillen's Big Bear Food and Spirits? Share your experiences!