“Nice, clean, great staff”

Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I came here for a business trip and my company booked the hotel but it was really clean and had a nice lobby and patio area in the back. The rooms were clean and nice (I had a king size bed room) and each room seemed to have a fridge too. The staff was great and very helpful and the location was in walking distance of several restaurants and shops. There is also a trolley that runs to these restaurants and shops. If I could back, I hope that my company books with this same hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful along with the cleaning crew.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Middletoncourtyard10, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

We appreciate your review. We are delighted that your experience at our hotel was everything you were looking for. We look forward to your next visit to Courtyard Marriott Middleton.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night, prior to taking my NCLEX test at Pearson-Vue in Madison. FYI...the hotel is only approximately 2 miles or 5 minutes from Pearson-Vue, so the location was perfect for me! Our check-in went smoothly and the staff was super friendly. The rooms were clean. Did purchase breakfast in the morning, which was good, a little bit higher priced, but what you would expect from a hotel. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

We appreciate your review. We are very happy that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit to Courtyard Marriott Middleton.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Loved the place! Friendly welcome from the staff and excellent directions to dinner as well as my appointment the next morning. I had set the bar fairly low because the place that I wanted to stay and was close to my customer was full....only to be very pleasantly surprised by this team of professionals. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I like to stay on a low floor near the elevator when I travel for work.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Middletoncourtyard10, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed for a weekend here and was surprised at how spacious the rooms are. The king bed room we had also had a sofa (that was also a bed) with small tables and great lighting. The bed was very comfortable as well as the linens. The room was very quiet even though the hotel was completely full. The mini fridge was great to have. The fitness center was well equipped. The strawberry smoothie at the Bistro was exceptionally good. Many restaurants are nearby as well as shopping options.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Middletoncourtyard10, General Manager at Courtyard Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you very much for the gracious review. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to you staying with again soon. Regards, Sabine. G.M. 608.203.0100

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We recently stayed here for a Graduation at UW Madison. The location is great as you are only 10 minutes from the University, while being away from the hustle and bustle. there are plenty of restaurant and shopping options in the area as well. The pool is very clean. It offers zero entry to just under 5 feet, and a small waterpark like area to entertain kids. The property is very bright and extremely clean. The outdoor patio adds to the overall quality of the hotel. I'd definitely stay there next time I am in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

We sincerely appreciate your pleasant review of our hotel and location. We always look forward to hosting UW-Madison Graduates and their families during this special time of year. We hope to see you again soon. Regards, Sabine. G.M. 608.203.0100.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Both the Marriott and Hilton properties located in the 'far west side' of Madison (Middleton) are quite good. This Courtyard is no exception. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good--although the $10 coupon provided to gold card members for the "complimentary" breakfast is annoying. I did manage to finally figure out that I could get hot oatmeal and some other healthy food for the coupon (the clerk kept trying to steer me toward some sort of breakfast sandwich). All thing considered, however, hotel is was fine.

Room Tip: Keep the window closed (noise outside in morning).
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stay in enough Marriotts to be gold members, and the bed and bed linens here rank at the top of this chain's. The new gray / yellow decor is tasteful, too.

On the flip side, we don't like the trend to walk in showers, especially if they don't have the European removable shower head. The lobby food bar was also quite overpriced - evidenced by the nearly empty lobby in the evenings and mornings. This particular Courtyard didn't even have complimentary tea / coffee - even Fairfields have that!

Room Tip: In the summer the rooms in the back look over a nice patio with a fire pit.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cen811
Middletoncourtyard10, General Manager at Courtyard Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Madison West for your recent visit to Madison and for being a Marriott Rewards Gold member. We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts about your experience with us. I am so pleased that you loved our comfortable beds and our colorful and fresh new bedding package. While the Courtyard brand has shifted away from complimentary lobby tea and coffee, I hope you had the chance to enjoy our on-site Starbucks during your stay. We always take the feedback we receive from our guests as a valuable tool and learning opportunity to make our hotel, the Courtyard brand and our team stronger. Please contact me directly at skemp@ncghotels.com if I can be of further assistance or if you would like to discuss any other items from your recent stay. I hope to see you again on your next Madison visit! Best regards, Sabine.