“BEWARE NOISY GROUPS IN HOUSE - check first before booking”

Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I liked this property but got absolutely no sleep with the sheer number of children and teenagers slamming doors, talking, running, pounding the floors - like, EXERCISING and jogging in the hallways on ALL the floors. The only quiet moment was between 3 and 5 in the morning. Then the door slamming started all over again. I swear all these folks moved out of their barns and into this hotel for the weekend!

Other than that it is a nice property, well maintained. Friendly front desk staff.

Room Tip: Top floor will help avoid the pounding noises but you cannot escape the door slamming
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Tim H, Manager at Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Hello MsMMiler. Thank you for writing a review to pass on your experience to other travelers. I'm glad you enjoyed the overall cleanliness and service, but I sincerely apologize you experienced the inconvenience of loud guests and doors slamming. That is not at all the scenario we would like guests to encounter at our hotel, and I would like to discuss this with you in more detail to ensure we meet your needs in the future. Please feel free to contact me at tharris@ncghotels.com or 608.662.1100. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you again.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is the second several day stay for me while here on business. The staff from the front desk to the kitchen staff to the housekeeping staff are very accommodating and so helpful and professional. They really cater to those of us here for business. The breakfast is hot and as expected. The kitchen staff were very respectful and kept the food options fresh. The rooms are very clean and is quite quiet, even with high school teams on site. Those of us here for business are greeted every morning and evening. The complimentary beverages on week nights is appreciated after a long day.

I feel this will be my chosen location for upcoming business travels. I appreciate the 5 mile shuttle service but would like to see a shuttle into downtown Madison for those of us without a vehicle.

On my last night, I was not feeling well and asked the front desk attendant about delivery spots for food. She suggested a restaurant and told me about the delivery service that would deliver my food to me as is was ZERO degrees and didn't want to walk to find something to eat.
Nice to have a bit of shopping nearby, to help ward off evening boredom and I felt safe walking in the evenings for my exercise.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

The room service you mentioned is from a place right next door to the Residence Inn called Johnny's Italian Steakhouse. They have a great menu and provide quick delivery straight to your door, even on the coldest/hottest/windiest/rainiest of days.

The drinks are served during an event we call "The Mix". It is an hour and a half of snacks and drinks served in our lobby, so it's a great time to relax from the day, get together with colleagues, and mingle with other guests staying at the hotel.

Our shuttle service runs Monday through Friday starting at 6pm. It has a 5-mile radius that takes guests to places like the Hilldale Mall and West Towne Mall. Downtown Madison is outside our current radius, but we are always looking at ways to improve the shuttle experience and appreciate the feedback.

See you next time at the Residence Inn!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for going above and beyond the expectations of any traveler. They ensure your comfort and have that "extra special" touch in making you feel comfortable in every way. They have shuttles to take you to and from restaurants in the evening if you choose not to partake in the delicious food and drink they provide on the social nights.
They also will fetch what you like while you're away during the day, such as Wisconsin Cheese, groceries, etc. for simply the cost of the merchandise. This in itself is a gem if you do not rent a car! If you forget something simple, like a toothbrush, they give you one.

LOVE this place and the staff!

Again, highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

The grocery shopping list is a fun amenity of the Residence Inn brand. You can make a list of items you would like us to pickup for you, and we'll go to the store to get it! Simply give us the list before you head out to work, and we'll have your groceries by the time you come back. And as you mentioned, if you forget the usual toiletries like your toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, deodorant, shaving cream, or razor, we have some waiting for you at the front desk. Thank you for the excellent review!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This place is like home. Great people , clean place, everyone is so nice. The pool area is very clean and a perfect place to relax. The breakfast is better than any other breakfast I have had in a hotel. The rooms are roomy, clean and feel like home. Thank you to everyone. Can't wait until my next stay!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

And we can't wait to have you back! Thank you for staying, and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this Residence Inn and after a quick check-in went up to our room. The room was fabulous - full kitchen, beautiful room, very spacious. The staff was extremely friendly. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful - eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. The service staff kept everything replenished. We even noticed that there was grocery shopping for long-term guests. We were also there during a snowstorm and the walks were cleared in a timely fashion. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014
Tim H, Manager at Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

This is such a great review! Thank you for helping others choose a great place to stay in Middleton! We look forward to seeing you and your guests next time! Thank you again!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel 5 times on business trips, and each time, it delivers. Here are some specific examples of what has set it apart for me: 1) The shuttle once picked me up at the airport at 11PM, 2) Not only is there free breakfast, but it's also plentiful and good, 3) Not only is there good free breakfast, but a few nights a week there's also free pizza and beer, 4) The rooms are spacious and the beds are quite comfortable (usually my biggest gripe about hotels), 5) I once left my phone charger, and when I called, they agreed to either send it to me in the mail or hold it until the next time I was there (two weeks later). When I came back, they had it waiting for me at check-in because they knew when I was going to arrive. My experience here has been excellent every single time. Even though it doesn't have a grand lobby or lots of marble everywhere, it's still one of the best places I've ever stayed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tim H, Manager at Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Those are five great examples of the service at our hotel! Airport shuttle service is not a standard service we provide, but please feel free to contact our hotel if you ever need transportation. We will be more than happy to recommend options for you. A deluxe hot buffet breakfast is available every morning with different service times for weekdays versus weekends, so please check with the front desk to make sure you can enjoy our breakfast! The free beer and pizza you are referring to is our evening social from 5:30pm to 7:30pm Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We serve a variety of foods which may include meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, chicken, and stir fry, depending on which nights you come. And of course we have that free beer and wine! The rooms are very spacious with a variety of bed combinations, and we are more than happy to assist with any lost and found items you leave behind. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Both times were absolutely wonderful. The hotel is very conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. It's CLEAN and comfortable. Even the sheets smelled crispy clean. They have a FREE manager's reception Mon, Tues, Wed which includes food and beverages (FREE BEER for those intereseted). They also offer a complimentay breakfast buffet which is nicely cooked and well stocked. The staff are friendly, polite, professional and offer genuine smiles - nothing forced here folks. This is the place for a perfect stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West

Been to Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton? Share your experiences!