“Great Hotel - Great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton

Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Norfolk Va
“Great Hotel - Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

An extended stay away from home can be difficult, but this hotel and its terrific staff have made the trip wonderful. It has everything a business traveler could want or need.

The hotel has been superb. Service has been excellent and the staff is more than accommodating.

From the moment I walked into my room it was lovely. It offered all the comforts of home. There was a full kitchen including full refrigerator, microwave, dishes pots and pans, a toaster and dishwasher. WOW! There was comfortable sitting area with sofa, upholstered chair and coffee table. There is internet access, a TV in the Living area and one in the bedroom, nice soft fluffy towels. It really is great.

The staff as I said is very accommodating. I got a follow up call from guest services today, inquiring about my stay. “Is everything alright?” They have taken the extra step to make me feel welcome. They even left me a little gift, some popcorn one day. Housekeeping is has also been excellent.

They offer a hot morning breakfast daily that is very nice and on Monday through Wednesday they offer an evening corporate like light dinner. Clean swimming pool and Jacuzzi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was pretty much the same as most Residence Inns, but our room 403, has a spotlight shining straight down from the roof. We did our best to rig up furniture to hold the curtains against the wall to keep this blinding light out. It didn't work out too well.

Room Tip: Room 403 has a spotlight shining in. No fun since it shines on the bed more or less.
    • 2 of 5 stars
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had 25 rooms at the Residence Inn this weekend for the wedding party and guests. The experience was wonderful, the staff very helpful and courteous, rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. Hands down one of our best experiences at a hotel!

Room Tip: Affordable, quiet and comfortable. Easy access to everything in Madison!
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite with our daughter and small dog. Plenty of room, useful kitchen and good breakfast. Only complaint is the $75 "pet sanitation" fee we had to pay for the dog. $75? Seriously? I dare anyone on the staff to say we actually had had a dog in the room with us. The next time, the dog stays home...or we stay somewhere else.

Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The staff at this hotel are exceptional. Everyone that we encountered was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also good with a variety of items including waffles and granola/yogurt parfaits.

The hotel is located in a quiet area near Greenway Station shopping center. Shops, dining and Starbucks are within walking distance.

Spent two nights in a one bedroom suite. The room was spacious and bright. The kitchenette was handy, although there was only one small garbage can in the entire suite. Inconvenient when needing to throw out trash in the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.

The bathroom area was spacious and was able to be closed off from the living room and bedroom. The sink and vanity is separate from the toilet and shower. There were also several mirrors, both angled and full length which was great for getting dressed up.

The bedroom was roomy with plenty of storage and closet space. We couldnt find the luggage rack but discovered it under the bed as we were packing up to leave.

The bed was basic and not comfortable. Thin scratchy sheets, thin blankets and tiny pillows.

Sofa sleeper in living room was worn and my 7 yr old said "it sunk in and the bar hurt my back".

Now for the physical environnent problems.......The hallways of the hotel had an unusual odor. Smelled dank and like a dirty litter box. I suspect there are ventilation problems in the halls and common areas.

The climate control in our room was very problematic. The bedroom got icey cold while the living room was warm and stuffy. The vent in the bedroom is situated near the ceiling so the cold air blew down on us as we laid in bed. There was also a black substance on the wall around the vent. Not sure if it was dirt/dust or mildew.

The air conditioner/furnace unit in the vanity area was very loud as was the fan/light unit in the bathroom.

Although the service was great and hotel was clean; the mal odors, umcomfortable bed and climate control problems made this stay a poor value for what we paid. We would likely not return.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
cduhr, General Manager at Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for making the effort to share your comments with us while you were a guest with us at the Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible where everything meets or exceeds their expectations. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that our staff was able to take care of your needs while staying with us. As for the comments regarding our building and some of the challenges that you experienced during your two night stay, I understand and apologize for these circumstances. However, I am glad to share with you that our hotel is currently scheduled to start a full renovation within the next few months which will take care of the physical condition of the building and our guest rooms.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we truly look forward to being your hosts again in the future.

Coni Duhr
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Recently stayed at four nights at this hotel and I thought it was wonderful. I thought the staff was extremely nice and that's saying a lot since I am from the staff. The staffed helped me find various things around town, pointed out a few good restaurants, arranged for the hotel shuttle to take me to a few of those restaurants and arranged for my taxi back to the airport. I also used the gym in the mornings before my meetings and thought it was adequate...very small and it got really hot, there are 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and a stationary bike. My room was very clean...the hotel was very clean. I wasn't a fan of the beds, but I sleep on a tempurpedic at home, so that happens anytime I stay in a hotel. I have to agree that the location was perfect. I walk to the outdoor mall which has your normal run-of-the-mill stores and plenty of dining options.

Another thing, the hotel has breakfast and dinner included in your stay. I thought this was a nice touch. LOL, they also have a pitcher of Miller Lite that they keep full for a few hours and I saw plenty of people from my meeting enjoying this little feature.

I would definitely stay here again...in fact I am staying there again In October. :-)

Room Tip: if you go to bed early...ask for a room far away from the basketball court.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Wimberley, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Staff was lukewarm, but the facility was excellent. We slept very well here, even with light sleepers amongst us. There is a walking/run/bike path which passes in front of the hotel and was handy. The train passes near the hotel, but at low speed and wasn't bothersome. Breakfast and pool were very good. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby if that's your thing.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by stairwell's slamming doors
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Comfort Suites Madison West

Been to Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton? Share your experiences!