“Very Nice Place - Clean - Good Price - Friendly”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed here on business for a Epic site visit (Epic is a software company). Very nice location was very clean, good price with a very friendly staff. Nice breakfast in the AM with coffee, cookies and fruit all day long. Very close to some nice restaurants/pubs. Didn’t need a car to get to nice places to eat, or shop. Costco is next door to the hotel. Would consider this hotel for long duration stays if you get a room with sofa. Indoor pool small but nice, bike & walking path very close to hotel. Looking forward to staying there again when in town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
rwartella, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

WyCyberGuy - A note of thanks for the response. We value your comments and look forward to accommodating you again when your travels bring you back to Middleton.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West

Reviewed June 23, 2011

This hotel is in a developing area with lots of restaurants within walking distance. The room was very clean and the bed was moderately comfy.

The breakfast offerings were a step above many other hotels in which I stay regularly.

The staff was extremely nice and helpful, meeting all of my needs and requests with a smile.

Kyla and Dan went above and beyond to make sure that the 2-week stay was enjoyable for both me and my team.

Room Tip: The backside of the hotel is MUCH quieter
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
rwartella, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Thank you for your comments. I'll be sure to share your feedback with Kyla & Dan. Look forward to your next stay with us.

Rob Wartella

Reviewed June 14, 2011

We returned for our Anniversary because it was perfect during our first visit!
(You can read our first detailed review below)
Couldn't ask for a better place. THANK you for making it special. Keep up the SUPERIOR service! And we definitely plan to return again & again & again!

You are the BEST and we absolutely LOVE it here!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
rwartella, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Thank you! We certainly appreciate the kind words and strive to ensure SUPERIOR service to each and every guest!

Reviewed October 21, 2010

I had a block or rooms at this hotel for my wedding reception in October. Being football season, I was keenly aware of the fact that my wedding date coincided with a Badger game. When I called for the block of rooms in April, the manager only wanted to give me ten rooms. Given that all of our family and friends were coming from out of town I requested twenty rooms. After a fair amount of back and forth, I caved and agreed to only ten rooms after being reassured that they would add more rooms as needed. Well that didn't happen. Upon calling to extend my stay an evening I had to inquire about the status of the rooms to find out the block was booked, no more rooms were added, and the entire hotel was now booked. I was told they couldn't do anything and after all it was a Badger football night, of course they were booked. This was exactly the concern I expressed back in April. Needless to say I had guests who had to cancel their RSVP because they had no where to stay. The service I received was awful and certainly the last thing a bride wants on her wedding day.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank sillysager
rwartella, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2010

I'd once again like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you endured during your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and can certainly understand your frustrations. We fell short of your expectactions and for that we are sorry.

We'd like to congratulate you on your recent marriage!

Reviewed October 6, 2010

Our visit was both relax and to attend a conference downtown. Great location for shopping & restaurants. Wireless Internet was truly High Speed...enough said.

This place & staff were unbelievable in every way. If we could give 200 stars instead of 5 stars, we would. Fast check-in and friendly desk clerks on every shift. The night desk clerk, Dan, was so helpful and fun to talk with. He felt like family and made us feel at home. The day clerk even printed directions to get me to my conference. My husband is disabled and everyone was super helpful with his situation.

We were thrilled they do allow pets! This was the number one reason we decided to stay here.

The breakfast was awesome and they had a huge wedding group, but plenty of variety and never ran out. Lots of choices for everyone at all ages. Even though there happened to be a large group staying one night, the rooms are quiet, because we never heard a sound & didn't realize it until we saw the group at breakfast.

The food service staff was helpful, friendly and very attentive to needs during the meal. The maids were friendly and even helped open my room door, when she saw my hands were full getting off the elevator.

The beds were really comfortable & the hot-tub spa had nice jets (not wimpy ones, like most places.) All I can say is, this manager is doing everything 10 times better than any other place we've ever stayed at, to have such an outstanding & precision staff in ALL departments. They are SUPERIOR in customer service and are definitely people-friendly, as well as, pet-friendly.

I wish I could keep this motel ...TOP secret. Basically, we think they deserve a First place medal or award. We were extremely IMPRESSED with our whole stay and will be planning to return for our anniversary in December.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank 4RedEyes
rwartella, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Certainly appreciate your kind words and satisfaction with the Country Inn & Suites - Madison West. We look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Rob Wartella

Reviewed September 7, 2010

Nice clean room and enjoyed our stay. We were there two nights and were put into a handicapped room. Would have preferred to have been asked if we were ok with that room at checkin. Rooms are designed differently to accomodate wheelchairs, etc and therefore have less counter space in bathrooms and arranged differently. Our room also had a wall right next to one side of the King bed instead of a bedside table. Pour design of room.
Breakfast was good and lots of choices. The day we left it was pouring rain. We asked at the desk if we could borrow a courtesy umbrella. There were none. It would have been a nice ending to our stay instead of getting soaked getting to the car.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
rwartella, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites - Madison West. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to get a couple of extra umbrella's for guest use !! Glad you enjoyed our breakfast - and assure you the next time you visit - you'll be just as pleased as we are in the process of updating our breakfast program!!

Thanks Again!

Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for four days in mid-July. Upon check-in, Dan informed us the elevator was broken. Even though not everyone took the news as well as we did, he kept smiling and treating his customers with respect. We were happily upgraded to a family suite, which we really enjoyed, just unfortunately it was on the third floor. The hotel was clean, except for the floor of the tub. When I went to shower the bottom of the tub was stained. I assumed it was hard water stains, but just in case, I put a towel in the tub to stand on. After my shower I removed the towel to find it black with dirt and the tub clean. The housekeeping staff is not the greatest. They do an okay job, but they need to really clean, not just surface clean. Counters should be wiped down, cobwebs dusted from lamps, etc. They can also be somewhat rude. One morning, my sister returned to her room after breakfast to find a note on the door that her room would not be cleaned because she had the do not disturb sign on her door. This was at 9:00 on Sunday morning! When she talked to the housekeeper in the hall just outside her room, and told her she could clean her room right away, the housekeeper made it very clear she wasn't happy about it. We had a similar issue on the day we checked out. We were packing up and getting ready to leave an hour before checkout when housekeeping banged on our door and shoved the do not disturb sign at me. I could not understand all she was telling me, but it had something to do with us taking the sign down because we were checking out. The breakfast at the hotel is pretty good, but they have a hard time keeping it cleaned and filled. The staff member running the breakfast does the best he can, but he is also one of the housekeepers and I think it's just too much for one person to do. He was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel always has fresh cookies, coffee, and other beverages ready which is very, very nice.The front desk staff is wonderful, with the exception of one person in the morning, who made it clear he didn't like to be bothered. They are very friendly and happy to help you find a restaurant, give directions, or just visit with you. Regarding the elevator, apparently a motor burned out. The staff did a great job accommodating people for the inconvenience. They did everything they possibly could to make everyone happy. And to be honest, the nicer and more understanding you were, the more they offered to do for you. The front desk showed respect and professionalism during what I'm sure was a really difficult time and we were very impressed with them. If the housekeeping staff did a better job, this would be a first class place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank RoadTrip4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Comfort Suites Madison West
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West? Share your experiences!