“Great sandwiches”

Prairie Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #14 of 108 Restaurants in Middleton
“Great sandwiches”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

The latte was excellent. Nice location, easy to get to and parking was handy. We will definitely return. Lots of choices and friendly staff.

Middleton, Wisconsin
“Neighborhood good”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Attracts a great crowd from around the 'hood.
Great coffee, excellent ambience. Day-old goodies are fine if you have them nuked.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank RonMid
Ohio
“Phenomenal Coffee, Excellent food, Casual Atmosphere, Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is my new favorite place to grab breakfast on the weekends. First be sure to visit their web site for hours and payment options; they are limited by our 21st century standards.

But it is well worth a visit. The coffee is out of this world good! I only indulge in coffee occasionally so when I do I have a high standard. This stuff is in the top 5 best if not the best I’ve ever had. Right now they are brewing Alterra coffee. The coffee alone is worth the trip. If this place is open and you have cash, skip the Starbucks nearby and come here; you will not be disappointed. But most definitely stay for the food. I’ve gone twice this year and both times everything was 5 star good. On my 1st visit on at Sat morn around 9am I tried their quiche of the day which was vegetarian and served with a lemon poppy seed muffin and fresh fruit for $7. The quiche was cooked to perfection, the crust light and flaky, the eggs cooked firm and perfectly balanced with the assorted veggies. Fabulous! The muffin was moist with just the right combination of lemon and poppy seeds. And the fresh fruit was just that. On my 2nd trip also on a Sat morn around 9am I choose the Lorraine sandwich ($7) because the smell of cooking bacon when I walked into the joint was just too much of a draw to not get something with bacon. It was the right choice. It also came with fresh fruit. I still had some room for more so I ordered a marzipan croissant. It was perfect! Light, flaky, buttery but not greasy and filled with enough marzipan to taste but not overpower the croissant.

The atmosphere is casual. You order your food, they give you a number because most everything is made when you order, and you find a table. Seating is limited; I’d guess 20 booths/tables but I’ve never had a problem with seating on Sat mornings around 9am. The coffee and water are self serve and bottomless if you dine in; a great feature. I’m getting hungry right now just thinking about it! And the price is most definitely worth the quality of food. I highly recommend this place to everyone who has cash/checks and can arrive during their hours of business. I’ll most definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Quick and Delicious”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The food is fairly priced for how much you get. You walk in, order your food, pay, then have it delivered. It's cafe style, so getting water and coffee is self-service (gotta pay for the coffee, though!), which is convenient so you're not waiting on a server to bring it to you. Food is a good portion and they have some good options to choose from.

Visited July 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Butterscotch scones, and great soup”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is a good place for breakfast or lunch. Food made with care. Also hosts art exhibits and Creating for Causes art fair. The owners really care about the community and serving good food.

Visited July 2012