“Come for the diner experience, stay for the pie!”

Hubbard Avenue Diner
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Middleton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Come for the diner experience, stay for the pie!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We came to the Hubbard on the advice of a friend and weren't disappointed. My husband and a friend each went for the breakfast, and another friend and I split a yummy hamburger and a chicken potpie. The pies looked great, but since we were full, we took our desserts "to-go." They tasted delicious later, too. An apple-pear crumb, a strawberry-rhubarb, and a mile-high piece of lemon cake with blackberry filling. The old-timey diner feeling is cute, and the service was good. A nice place!

• Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
Nashville, TN
“Ok sandwiches, disappointing pies”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place brags about its pie and diner fare. The chicken salad, blackened chicken and hamburgers were ordinary, but the pies were unimpressive. The apple crumb pie was ice cold and almost flavorless, the French silk and key lime were undistinguished. At $4.79 a slice, patrons deserve better.

Visited May 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Pie & More”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a place worth the wait. Plan on a half hour wait weekend mornings. But they provide free coffee in urns and real mugs while you're tapping your toes, and the Mustard Museum is right next door if you want to kill a little time.

Now, I'm not an eggs-for-breakfast person, but I was outnumbered. However, I landed upon the Holy Grail of bakeries. This place is all about pie-- fantastic pies-- check out the t-shirt collection-- BUT--- I am a scone snob. Scones are not cupcakes. Scones should not be slathered in frosting. They should be basic, or have hints of lemon, or berries. Holy cow, these people GET IT. The texture, taste, and finish are fabulous. The coffee is good. And, I sampled a bite of frittata, some sweetbread, a smidge of pancake, a forkful of hashbrowns, and a dose of quiche (get the pastry crust vs hash town crust). Delicious, all.

The service was OUTSTANDING. OUTSTANNNNNDING. I love this place!

• Visited May 2013
Appleton
“So so for dinner”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stopped here for dinner, and the food was just....average. Based on other reviews, I think we will try this place again for dinner....or maybe a malt? Service was good!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank FoxValleyDiner
Guildford, United Kingdom
“I need to go back”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a modern take on the traditional US diner.

The Art Deco styled building has a spacious interior, friendly efficient staff and wide choice on the menu. I experienced breakfast and it was great. But I have to admit that I'm a fan of good diners. The gift of cake was also very good. (It was the restaurant's birthday.)

Sadly there weren't enough chances to experience the rest of the menu during my short stay in Madison but I have to go back and taste more of the delights.

Try it at least once.