“Poor service”

Dining options: Reservations
Eagle River, Wisconsin
“Poor service”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had reservations for 7:00, got seated by 7:15, had to wait 1 1/2 hours for appetiters, got our soup before appetizers, one of the meals order was burnt, took 2 hours to get meal , did get our drinks taken off bill but didn't make up for the terrible service and poor excuses used to try and make things better. Will not go back!!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cakelady27

Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service on a Saturday”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Had a reservation for 5:30pm, for a party of four on a Saturday night. We were promptly seated. Ordered two appetizers.

Two hours later we left after recieving our appetizers, waiting again for our salads, and waiting yet again. Finally asking where our entrees were, having waited and watched others come in, order, be served and leave we received our food and were able to eat. By the we finished our entrees we had had enough as no one felt like desert although they looked good. We received no explanation for the terrible service.

When I spoke to someone at the front desk and expressed my displeasure at the poor service we had received, I was told "we were busy" . Even though I have eaten there many times obviously things are changing and not for the better. Make sure you don't care about how long it takes before you try this restaurant.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Skipper459
Madison, WI
“Loud and so-so food”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The place has an interesting interior. We had a drink at the bar, but others wolfing down food there diminished the experience. When restaurant food tabs are $50 plus per person (entree, wine, etc.), one would expect that a pre-dinner drink at the bar would not mean sitting next to people wolfing down food. Very tacky. The restaurant area was very, very loud. The catapulted ceilings don't help to minimize sound. Service was OK. Food was so-so. We have been to many great restaurants in the area and know what is great. This place was not any where near great. Sorry. Would not go there again.

• Visited November 2013
Verona, Wisconsin
“Awesome meal, chef adjusted to gluten free!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I had a fabulous meal together! He had the crab puffs to start which were outstanding. He had the corn and shrimp bisque and I had a salad with gluten free peppercorn dressing. I had a great red blend wine and my husband had a beer. My husband had his favorite Tenderloin Cordon Blue which was done to perfection. I ordered the scallop special with crawfish, it had a blue crab and pepper side. The chef adjust the polenta fries and made without coating. I was overwhelmed with how wonderful the meal tasted! It was awesome! Gwen the owner was friendly as always and Jon was great on the piano! Thank you!

• Visited October 2013
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Like a trip to N.O.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Live jazz pianist playing in foyer, lent a classy touch. Restaurant is in the "cellar," which is nicely repurposed with brick walls, arched ceilings, small chandeliers. Food was tasty, well prepared and portions were VERY generous, could easily share an entrée.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank wisconsinwinegirl

Been to Louisianne's Etc? Share your experiences!