“A great place, the chimichangas are great!”
Review of MI Cocina - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
MI Cocina
Cuisines: Mexican
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A great place, the chimichangas are great!”
Reviewed March 6, 2008

A great place, the chimichangas are great!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

middleton
“Good Priced, Good Service, Good Food”
Reviewed December 28, 2007

While not authentic Mexican this restraunt is very good. I have not been there for about a year and got a chance to stop in today for lunch (12/28/07). The crowd was light due to the snow and the holiday week.

Before we could even settle into the booth we were served chips & salsa and my DH asked for a hot salsa too, and that was brought to our table before you could say Jack Robinson. Our drink order (cokes) were taken and served almost as fast.

I ordered the Quesadilla Ranchera ($6.25) while DH got the Pollo Laredos ($7.25) from the lunch menu with 2 extra Tortillas. We had just enough time to enjoy some chips before our meal was delivered. It was delicious.

The Pollo Laredos is a chicken breast smothered in sauteed mushrooms (real ones not canned) and onions with cheese. It comes with 2 flour tortillas and beans & rice to make your own burrito; but I recommend you order a couple extra tortillas cuz there is a lot of food. My Quesadilla was stuffed with sauteed mushrooms & onions and a little cheese.; and came with sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes. The cheese was lighter than I had remembered from other times, but it was so full of mushrooms that I didn't miss the cheese.

Service was excellent, quick but you didn't feel rushed at all. With drinks ($1.70) and the extra tortillas our lunch came to just under $19. We were both full & happy when we left. I don't know why didn't make it back sooner. I will make sure it's not a year between visits again.

Lake Mills, Wisconsin
“Pretty Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed November 13, 2007

Let me preface this review by stating that I'm not really a big fan of mexican food in general. In any event, I went here today for lunch with some co-workers. I believe the restaurant is relatively new. It's pretty nice and clean on the inside.

Like most mexican restaurants I've been to, they offered chips and salsa for free and they were good. I had the chicken quesadilla lunch special. It was very good. Big serving and good flavor. It came with rice and refried beans. I think it was $6.25.

The service was good and fast. There were quite a few people in there for lunch, so it must be somewhat popular. Even without liking Mexican all that much, I would go to Mi Cocina again.