“First rate!”
Review of Vin Santo

Vin Santo
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin Santo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 110 Restaurants in Middleton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were visiting Middleton to tour the local distillery and were at a bit of a loss where to eat. Vin Santo appeared reasonably high on the list of restaurants and was conveniently close to the hotel so we decided to try it.

Honestly it was the best Italian meal my wife and I had had for an awfully long time. The range of pasta dishes was large and the quality was excellent. The portion size was large to the point of almost excessive and I felt I couldn't do justice to the dish. The wine list is not vast, but the choices are very good and quite reasonably priced. Service was friendly and very efficient even though the restaurant was busy. The chef came over to talk to us, as did the house manager (husband and wife) which made it all seem very friendly and casual.

All in all it was a great meal and I would go back there in a heartbeat. Difficult to fault it...and I wouldn't know how to.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Although Middletown is not a destination city it is worth your time to venture to this fine restaurant
in the Madison area. Good selection of pastas which are prepared in an interesting and creative manner. Other items are also available and well presented. The wine list is small but does have some good choices. The service is attentive and friendly. A good value if your looking for good Italian food.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Vin Santo is a good, but small Italian restaurant in Middleton.

There's a larger selection of pastas at this place than most other Italian restaurants in the area. But other than that, it seems like the standard Italian. The lasagna is okay, but small. But most of the pasta dishes are legit and are served with good portions. Service is kind of slow and I'd recommend getting a reservation on weekends.

Nonetheless, dessert is great. Though expensive, their Italian bread pudding and tiramisu are huge and tasty.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I were in Middleton for a weekend get away and happened upon Vin Santo. We were able to eat outside (always our preference). The server was friendly, attentive and I never had to wait for a drink. The food was out of this world. I especially enjoyed the spicy sausage lasgna (something I never had before).

I would recommend this to anyone traveling in that area.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was if you like rustic style Italian food. Small but atmospheric place.