“Very Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vin Santo

Vin Santo
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin Santo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 106 Restaurants in Middleton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Greeley, Colorado
“Very Good Food and Service”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I found this restaurant on the internet while in the area on business. It had good reviews so I decided to give it a try.

There is a lot of good food in the Madison area and Vin Santo one of the best I’ve experienced. I was there early on a Thursday evening. There were not many people there at that time. If it is busy, don’t expect to have your own private little corner. That’s a small sacrifice for a very good meal. The service was great. The food was very good, hot and relatively fast. Best of all was the bread pudding. The best I have ever had. It was more on the pudding side than the bread side, which in my opinion is the way it should be. It is fantastic! The prices were very reasonable for a good meal. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2012

madison,wi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Am I in Italy?”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

this is our most favorite food in the Madison area!
all food is fresh, served hot and the bread pudding will take your breath away.
fabulous service as well.

Cincinnati
“Was good but not great”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I love Italian...true Italian food (not the olive garden)....and I can say this was good but not great.
I was traveling and looked here on Trip Advisor and on Yelp for a good resturant close to where I was staying for business travel, and Vin Santo popped up.
After reading the reviews here and ok Yelp I called about takeout. Its not what they normally do and some of the items they don't offer for takeout...like the famous lasagna.
I did go with the featured appetizer: a crustini, sliced salmon, marscapone and caper disaster...it was so oily it was terrible. At first I thought it was the salmon, but after picking it apart and tasting everything seperately it was that the crustini was soaked in olive oil, and with the slightly oily salmon on top of the oily bread it was not good.
I then had the Salsiccia Rossa which has the same homemade Italian sausage and sauce as the lasgna..it was very good and the pasta was perfectly cooked. The buffalo mozzeralla on top was really a waste of good mozzeralla and added nothing to the dish.
I also love cannoli's (they are know for the tiramusi ...but I'm not a coffe lover) so I ordered the cannoli...it came with two cannolis drizzled in a runny chocolate sauce. The filling was ok and the shells the std premade shells (basically nothing to write home about). I will say I have had cannoli's in Boston's little Italy bakeries that have me spoiled and its hard to find one that compares to the delectable treats I've had there. But I'm still trying.
I don't want to dis the place as it may have been more or less my choices, because the place was packed for 7:00pm on a Monday night.
My total bill including tip was $46..and this was for take out..no wine or beverages (though I did tip 15%).

• Visited January 2012
“It's just like being in Italy”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My husband ordered the lasagna, which was enough for lunch the next day, and was an excellent choice. I had a shrimp pasta dish which was very flavorful as well. They have an authentic Italian atmosphere in a small cozy dining room.

Visited January 2012
Wisconsin
“Excellent All Around!”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is a place that could be easily overlooked because it is off the "main drag." Food is always exceptional. Service is prompt and friendly. Cozy atmosphere as it is not a big place. Definitely worth going off the main road for. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2011

Been to Vin Santo? Share your experiences!