“A Must Chocolate Addicts & All”
Review of Chocolaterie Stam

Chocolaterie Stam
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Middleton
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“A Must Chocolate Addicts & All”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I were treated by my parents to a Chocolate & Gelato tasting. The gelato and sorbeto were okay, nothing that would change my life. However, the chocolate was extraordinary! The milk chocolate was acceptional. I have had good milk chocolate before though. The dark chocolate was by far the best I have ever had. I am not new to enjoying dark chocolate, but this was different.

But the tastes are only part of the experience. Visually, the decor is beautiful and unusual. I really enjoyed it. And the chocolate is visually amazing too, from the large carriage and sea shell (which you can put bon bons in) to the intricate designs of the bon bons themselves.

And the positive experience was completed by the wonderful woman who hosted us. She was friendly, fun & knowledgeable!

I highly recommend Stam's!

• Visited September 2013

Bellevue, Washington
“Sweet decadance!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Chocolaterie Stam has multiple locations in Iowa, but this one, in Middleton, is operated as a non-profit, with proceeds benefiting the Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps, for which Mr. Stam played with back some years ago. We visited for the tasting experience, which started with a plate of assorted thin chocolates, followed by a sampling of 8 different gelato flavors, served communally among the group (everyone got new spoons for each flavor, so there was no double-dipping). Some great tastes, for sure. The narration was both informative and humorous. After our tasting, we could choose a medium gelato cup, which could have one or two flavors. This was a tough choice indeed. Do I go for the blackberry cheesecake or the chocolate truffle? Why not both? If this wasn't filling enough, the event was capped off by choosing 2 chocolate truffles from among the seemingly endless choices. Again, there were so many unusual selections.

I highly recommend a visit here, either for the full tasting experience, for a sweet treat or just to shop for a sweet gift for a sweetie. You'll be smiling all the way home.

• Visited September 2012
Madison
“Try the gelato-- it'll make you swoon”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was lured into Chocolaterie Stam (in the Greenway Station shopping mall) by the sight of a refrigerated case filled with a display of gelatos looking so delicious that my plans for a normal lunch suddenly morphed into a plan to eat gelato, immediately! After sampling several flavors, I settled on salted caramel, the Chef's Special -- quite heavenly.The decor of this upscale candy store was richly European with oriental rugs, tasseled chandeliers and a purple wall. Cases and cases of chocolates surrounded me as I sat at my dainty table, one of only three. This is definitely a place to consider if you're looking for fancy gift chocolates-- or some excellent gelato. The clerks, I should add, were very accommodating. Chocolaterie Stam maintains shops in a number of midwestern cities. Its brochure announces "fine European chocolates since 1913."

• Visited September 2012