“The best place to eat in Middleton!”

Craftsman Table & Tap
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Middleton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best place to eat in Middleton!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I live in Middleton and have visited many of the restaurants here. Craftman is the only one that provides excellent service and delicious meals. They offer fries or greens as an option and both are fabulous. If you choose to go with a soup option instead, i promise you will not be disappointed. The menu options they offer vary to accommodate a wide variety of appetites and for the adventurous one, the specials are usually creative and allows you to try something you might have not ever tried before.

As for the service. They remember my name and make me feel a part of their family. And as you will see, when you visit for yourself, they enjoy their job of satisfying "you," their customers.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank kjhdslj

“Great local pub”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Craftsman many times, as we live within walking distance. The food is consistently good, and some items are excellent. MUCH better than Byrd's, which previously occupied this space. Like many bar/pub menus, Craftsman's is a bit heavy on deep-fried items, but the quality is good, and the beer list is one of the best in Middleton, rivaled only by Free House. I'd especially recommend the Brisket sandwich and the burgers, as well as their salads and brunch items. Service is consistently good, and often excellent. Leah (sp?) is our favorite waitress, and the bartender who served us on a recent Sunday morning was very good, too. Great to have Craftsman in the neighborhood!

Columbia
“Mediocre Service/food”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband, mother in-law and I went to Craftman Table and Tap for his birthday yesterday. Our server was indifferent and our sandwiches were mediocre. However, the brownie dessert, which was free for his birthday, was amazing!! Overall, I was not impressed and probably would not go back here. There are many tastier places in the Madison area!

Columbia, Missouri
“Edible, I suppose”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The food was absolutely nothing to write home about. All three people in our party were unimpressed with out food. The waitress was slow but friendly. The only redeeming quality was the fantastic dessert. Given all the wonderful restaurants in this city, there is no reason to return.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Stick with the cheese curds and the beer”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I went to Craftsman Table and Tap for the first time last week. We started off with the cheese curds which were very good- light cornmeal breading with lots of cheddar cheese. Second only to Old Fashioneds. They have an extensive beer menu with many choice on tap. Our entrees themselves were fine but nothing to come back for. I had the Tuscan BLT with mixed greens- loved the foccacia bread but the greens were hardly dressed at all (although the waitress told me it's her favorite). My husband had the Cuban sandwich with fries. Neither of us liked his fries- skinny matchbook fries that were overdone. It was also very cold in the restaurant- felt like barely 60 degrees. They tried turning up the heat but it didn't seem to make a difference. Not sure if it is always like that or just the time we were there. The server was attentive and friendly. We'd be back for happy hour/apps but not much more.