“Great stay even though we just walked in”

Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Reviewed September 28, 2013

On a recent trip we could not find a hotel anywhere in Middleton, WI. I used Trip Advisor and found that the Staybridge Suites had rooms available. We thought for sure we would be gouged since rooms were at a premium, but were pleasantly surprised with the rates for our stay and very surprised at how nice our room was. We had a one bedroom with 2 comfy beds, a large bath area and a pleasant sitting room with a full small kitchen. Absolutely no complaints or issues. Room was very up to date and very clean. Our rate included dinner and breakfast. We will definitely stay again on our next trip to Wisconsin.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 27, 2013

On a recent road trip, we called ahead to reserve a room for two adults and our puppy. The reservations clerk took all of our information and quoted a price for our room. I asked specifically if there was a pet fee, and was told there was not. I had also researched the hotel online and it was the same price with two adults and one dog. Upon arrival, the woman at reservations asked if we knew there was a $75 non-refundable pet fee.

The best thing about this experience was that she referred us to the Baymont Inn and Suites on Excelsior Drive that has less expensive rooms, better customer service, greeted us with a free happy hour and is totally pet-friendly with no fee required.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear cfosullivan,

We appreciate you foryour feedback regarding our hotel. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and regret the information you received from our staff and hotel policy did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is the best resource for improving guest services.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This has been my go-to hotel when I'm not staying downtown. I have always rated it the top. However, on the most recent stay it shows signs of cost-cutting that negatively affected our stay. It seems that they have decided to go with minimal staff which lead to constant delays (checking in, making a request, checking out, etc.), a poorly stocked breakfast (it was clear the one person on duty could not keep up as the dirty dished piled up and the food ran out) and a staff that clearly is overstressed. The last straw for my opinion was making a request for a shuttle and got berated for not booking 24 hours in advance -- that works for airport runs, but not for weekends, I understand being busy, but don't need the lecture. The one bright spot was Bob, the driver, who went out of his way to accommodate us. It's too bad his above-and-beyond service was too little, too late for us. There are many choices in the area and I will look elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Don't plan on putting adults on the hide-a-bed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Greg S,

Thank you for your feedback and for always choosing our hotel whenever you are in the area. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us this time. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Middleton during an out of state move, while we waited for the movers to arrive with our belongings a week after arriving here ourselves.

Traveling with pets doesn't always give one the best options, but out cat and dog were welcome and happy at the hotel. The room was spotless and well-appointed. A variety of hot breakfast choices were available for free every morning and, while we didn't have a chance to check it out, there're complimentary drinks and snacks early each evening as well.

Really, I don't have a single complaint. A special shout-out to employees who were especially helpful, friendly, and made us feel at home: Jan, Melissa, and Bonnie. Also, the young woman who worked the breakfast area who always had a sunny smile.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and especially anyone traveling with pets!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have stayed here several times a year for the last 3 years. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The housekeepers are exceptional in that often I've returned to the room in the evening to find they have washed the dirty dishes I'd left in the sink. On several occasions I've traveled to Madison alone and have always felt safe staying here. As others have stated, the location is great with lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Capital Brewery is a short 3 minute walk! Starbucks and shopping is about 5 minutes away by car. The only nag on my last visit is the rooms and halls are beginning to show wear. The carpets are fraying and thinning. Several towels had holes in them. My 'home' in Middleton may need a little TLC.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chirapada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The suite offers two separate bedrooms (one king and one queen), each with its own bathroom. There is a commons area with a small kitchenette, table seating for four, and living room seating for four. There are additional chairs in the suite, so you can add extra to the living room. The commons area was somewhat small, so it wouldn't be suitable for a larger gathering. There is no housekeeping service over the weekend (we were there for a three day weekend, so no housekeeping)--this isn't a major issue for a three day weekend, but it is something to consider (and factor into the cost). Although the hotel is next to an interstate, we didn't notice a lot of exterior noise. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate--hot oatmeal, waffles, etc. along with the typical muffins and cold cereal. The staff was courteous. The premises and our room were clean. And the price was good. It was exactly what we were looking for in a short stay hotel--2 separate bedrooms, sleep sofa--if needed, kitchenette, etc.--and at a reasonable price. The bed was comfortable--and I am picky.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here to apartment hunt for this coming fall. In addition to the friendly staff, reasonable rate, and typical room layout for an extended stay hotel (kitchenette and living room with extra square footage), here are some reasons for my five star review.

1) The hotel offers free airport shuttle. This is a huge deal for me since it can easily save $50+ in roundtrip taxi costs. To capitalize on the cheaper weekend rates, we only rented our car until Monday night so we needed a shuttle from the airport back to the hotel after dropping the car off and then later a shuttle to the airport after checking out. While there was a little mix-up on the hotel's side that occurred during my reservation for a shuttle, the front desk had no problem making a last minute reservation for me on both occasions. Both drivers were friendly and I had no problem tipping them at the end.

2) Hotel offers free laundry. For a five night stay, it was important for my girlfriend and I to wash our clothes halfway through the trip. It was very convenient to not have to carry a bag of quarters to the laundry room.

3) No complants with the maid's cleaning service.

4) The lady at the front desk gave us a free toiletry that was marked at $1.50 so as not to inconvenience us.

Lastly, (I treated this as more hilarious than as a complaint), on the last day of our stay, each room was getting furnished with new mattresses. At 10am, a pair of hotel contractors/workmen came into our room (knocking even though we put up the "shh! sleeping" sign) and threw all the bedding and pillows on the floor and whisked our mattress out of the room. My girlfriend had just woken up so the timing was bad but the workmen were polite and so efficient that we had a good laugh after seeing the new state of our room (see photo attached). We checked out before the new mattress arrived but I assume it was soon forthcoming.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business