“Gluten Free Lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had lunch here this week. I had the GF soft tacos with cilantro rice & steamed vegies. It was good! The server was mentoring a new employee, so she learned about the gluten free menu. The restaurant was quiet, so was able to enjoy our conversation! I would return again & try their dinner menu.

1  Thank Karen B

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We used to have Abuelo's in our area in AZ but closed a few years ago. While visiting WI, we saw this restaurant and decided to go for a bit of nostalgia. The food was not as good as I remember but it was a nice way to spend some time with the couple we were with. I had the avocado enchiladas which were good but not as tender and tasty as I remember. The beans and rice were good. Their chips are thin and crispy and they offer three salsas all of which were good. My husband had the carne asada tacos and liked them a lot. Our guests liked their food as well. Our server was attentive and pleasant. The décor is unique with lots of murals on the walls. I guess my memories were not as accurate as I thought since the food was a bit disappointing. Prices are okay.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Good quality food and service at a fair price. Lots to choose from on the menu, all in all, a very nice choice when looking for authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We love Abuelo's for everything from date-nights margaritas to family lunches out. Always good, consistent, well-priced, and fun. Best chain tex-mex in Wisconsin!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Three of us stopped there for a beer. We were the only 3 in the bar. One of us was drinking expensive shots and us two had two beers. We were sitting at the bar. When the bartender gave us the bill at the bar, he handed the total bill to one of us and quoted the amount which was around $65. He gave the bill to a guy that only had two beers, looked him in the eyes and said you owe this. My friend was not happy and said " I only had two beers and you give me a bill for $65" The bartender then said oh,,would you like seperate checks? Geez