“A good stay in a nice area of Madison”

Madison Marriott West
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Fond du Lac, WI
“A good stay in a nice area of Madison”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Good solid hotel. A little older, the rooms aren't anything special but they are well-appointed and clean. Price is reasonable for the area. Staff was very helpful, and check-in, check-out was fast. Close to good shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MadisonMarriott, General Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Crownsville, Maryland
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've stayed at this Marriott property several times over the past two years and it has always delivered a very good experience. As noted by other reviewers, the front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are good sized and pretty up to date in terms of the bathrooms and electronics. I've been lucky enough to be upgraded into the corner suites, which are very roomy. I do agree with other reviewers about room service trays, which seem to inhabit the halls for long periods of time. And the coffee makers due indeed have these strange melting trays!

Room Tip: Do watch out for large kids sports teams which often inhabit this place on weekends. If you see buse...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MadisonMarriott, General Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are always working to improve and will definitely look into the issues that you mentioned. Our goal is a great guest experience and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel needs a serious deep cleaning. Thick dust layered many surfaces. As another reviewer pointed out, trays were left in the hallways outside of rooms a long, long time. The coffee makers are terrible. Instead of a reusable tray for holding the coffee, there is a disposable tray that melts as the coffee brews -- I can only imagine what is leaching into my morning cup of Joe.

The bartender tried to overcharge me for an already expensive glass of wine. I found service average at best.

Overall, I can't recommend this hotel. I'm sure there are better places to stay in Middleton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MadisonMarriott, General Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We will definitely look into the quality of coffee makers. They are a standard Marriott item but there is always room to approve. We are also always working to improve the product and services offered and hope that you will be able to try us again in the future.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Beautiful hotel; very clean and modern; great neighborhood within walking distance of fabulous shopping and dining. What made this stay the best was the phenomenal customer service! Chet and Al at the front desk deserve raises AND promotions because their kindness and attention to detail will bring be back.

• Stayed June 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience and we will ensure that the staff is made aware of your kind words.
Milwaukee Wisconsin United States
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Finally a hotel that makes me feel at home. We were in Verona Wisconsin for the Redden Soccer tournament and our entire organization (100+ rooms) stayed at the Marriott. When checking in, it was very refreshing to simply have the desk clerk have me sign off on a form that was basically saying "I will look after my child and be a parent" instead of getting the feeling that because I am from a sports team I am automatically labeled as a bad parent who has children who are out of control. OR getting the lecture of what my rules are (assuming both myself and my children are going to break all the rules) and made to feel that "I am just lucky to be there" The hotel had two weddings going on, along with several teams at the hotel and it ran just fine. I didn't have people telling me to go to my room, be quiet, be concerned that I was not "following the directions" etc... It was a simple, laid back, easy going stay. I only wish I would have known this years ago with our many years of traveling for hockey and soccer because I would have been saved from many of headaches and disappointing hotel stays. Thank you for renewing my faith in staying at hotels and just because we are a "sports team" I was treated with respect and given the benefit of the doubt!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we enjoy having the energy of the teams in the hotel.
Sydney
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Overall had a good stay here, The rooms were large and comfortable but perhaps a bit tired compared to what one might expect at a Marriott. The staff were also very helpful though I did have to remind them to collect a room service tray that had been outside my room for 24 hours. Breakfast was good with freshly cooked omelettes. The central atrium is rather vacuous but there was minimal noise pollution from there into the rooms. Location is OK as long as you have a car to get around and there's no shortage of parking space.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side to the Freeway. A friend staying on that side said there was a l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. We have recently completed a renovation and hope that you are able to try out our new rooms and new internet service. We will always do our best to accomodate individual requests and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Clinton Twp., Mi.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stopped on our way to Hudson, Wi. and were greeted by a Lions Club convention. We did have reservations. The hotel is very accommodating. Being a Gold Club member, we were comped free breakfast vs. the room upgrade we would have received. The staff was very friendly and informative. I would stay there again...even if theLions were there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying! I am glad that they were able to accomodate you with breakfast and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Comfort Suites Madison West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West

Been to Madison Marriott West? Share your experiences!