“Loved the Marriott Madison West”

Madison Marriott West
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Ingleside, Illinois
“Loved the Marriott Madison West”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott over the labor day holiday. The Midwest Tandem Rally choose the hotel for the 2012 MTR. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The service was outstanding. The only thing that bothered me was no free-wifi .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dickandjackie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here for a conference. Everything was great. Our accommodations, meals, service, etc. Really good. Nice pillows and Bath and Body Works bathroom products. Also my room had a nicely stocked coffee area.

Room Tip: I would suggest a inside room so you would have less traffic noise. This hotel is located right off...
1 Thank Jean M
Superior, WI
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed for three nights Augst 21-24. The hotel was nice, clean and the rooms were comfortable. The desk staff was very curtious and helpful. Our rate ($109) was fair. My only complaint is the $12.95 per NIGHT charge for wifi. Seriously? These days everyone has free wifi. I think this is a complete rip off. The following evening we stayed in LaCrosse, WI (lovely town) at a Grandstay Residence Inn ($92 per night for a suite room) with free wifi and breakfast.

Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Very nice hotel with a good location. Room was big, nice and clean.Bed was comfortable. There are restaurants within walking distance. Friendly staff always available. I needed to find a gas station and the front desk handed me typed directions! Food was alittle pricey for lunch but good.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed for two nights: Aug 10-11, with a group. We had five different rooms. During check-in, the front desk guy was completely incompetent. It literally took 45 minutes for him to figure out what type of rooms we reserved. After finally getting to our room, we discovered a running toilet. We jiggled the handled and it seemed to fix the problem. Wrong answer. After going to the bathroom and flushing the toilet, it started overflowing, not only from the bowl, but also from the tank! The tank water sprayed all over the bathroom floor. It seriously looked like a disgusting toilet water fountain. Yuck. We called to the front desk immediately, and we were moved to a different room. Annoying.

The rooms were standard. There was some sort of beauty pageant going on that weekend, and the hotel allowed the pageant/event to blast loud music all night and to the early morning hours. The breakfast was overpriced. If you just wanted coffee, you were charged. Seriously?!? There's complimentary coffee everywhere these days! Nope, not the Marriott Madison West.

When we checked out, the front desk workers appeared to know what they were doing, however, they confused everyone's credit cards and randomly charged some, but not others. Wow. This isn't rocket science. I would say check-out is one of their main job duties. The incompetence is clearly a reflection of the lack of training and poor management at this hotel. Thanks but no thanks. Stay anywhere else in Madison, but here.

Oh, also, to top it all off, when I called the hotel to clear up the additional charge on my credit card, the "head" of accounting, "Jake," was a complete d-bag. Even though it was clear that I was charged an extra night, he refused to offer any solutions to the problem. Thank you for charging me extra for staying at your crappy hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bandtennis247
nj
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Rooms are big and clean. I arrived Sunday night and the concierge opened at 5pm. For those complaining about the concierge; I just dont get it. Remember it is not a Breakfast or Dinner Buffet! It is a place to grab a lite meal and go. Breakfast had the obligatory Bagels,Pastries, Eggs, Cereal Boxes, Fresh Fruit, Coffee/Tea, Milk, and yogurts. The Night time concierge had a very nice assortment of Cheeses and Vegetables as well as potato salad and some other cold salads. They also they had Lasagna the night I stayed there and being from NY I was pleasantly suprised at how good it was.

If you are traveling for the sake of staying in a "5 Star Hotel" then go find a Four Seasons . This hotel is 5 star for those that are travelling on Business or traveling for pleasure and need a nice and clean place to stay with Big room!

St Louis, MO
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was at the Marriott Madison West on 8/4/12. My room was clean and well-kept, my bed was comfortable, but my door to my room "stuck" and was hard to open (and didn't close on it's own like they are supposed to) and the bathroom could have been cleaner (the tub tile had some mold/mildew). Yes, I did tell the hotel staff. For how "fancy" they try to make out that this hotel is, it was a little disappointing. All in all, it was ok, but I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Comfort Suites Madison West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West

Been to Madison Marriott West? Share your experiences!