“Nice average 3.5 star hotel...as expected”

Madison Marriott West
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Newburgh, Indiana
“Nice average 3.5 star hotel...as expected”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Good hotel with a nice pool. Its in an industrial park kind of area but close to some restaurants in a short walk. Everything was fine. Pricelined it for 74

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have stayed at this property about every six months for the past two years and found a consistently high level of service. The quality of the accommodations is excellent. The fitness room is very good and breakfast service in the Concierge Lounge excellent.

Room Tip: be a Marriott Rewards member
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Saint Francis, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night, and will never stay there again. I was hosting a baby shower for my niece the next day and I had many party favors and decorations that needed to be assembled; I wanted to be close to where the shower was being held, as well. I arrived after 9pm on Saturday 7/9/11 and checked in. (I had booked the room through Priceline at a very good rate.) The bellman who helped bring my many bags and boxes up to my room was very nice and accommodating - he actually asked if I wanted ice and then went and filled my ice bucket for me! - although we had to take a somewhat circuitous route to get to my room, due to some construction being done in the hotel. I settled in, ordered some food to be delivered, and started to get to work. After I ate, I decided to take a break, so I took a shower and while I was sitting on the edge of the bathtub, drying off, something BLACK in the toilet caught my eye. Upon closer examination and to my absolute horror, the entire under rim of the toilet was covered in BLACK SLIMY MOLD AND MILDEW. I couldn't believe a toilet could possibly be cleaned without the under rim being touched by the brush, but apparently that is how they do things at this Marriott. It was inexcusably,eggregiously gross and unacceptable! I can only imagine what germs, bacteria and diseases I had been inhaling while taking my shower or using the bathroom previously. I closed the door and left it that way for the rest of the night. I immediately called the front desk and made them aware of the situation, but also told them that I did not want anyone coming up to my room that evening because I had already changed for bed. In the morning I immediately called and requested that a manager come to my room and see this health hazard for him/herself. A manager did appear and was apologizing profusely as soon as I opened the door, although he had not yet seen the disgusting toilet. When I showed it to him he kept apologizing, and then said that because the room was handicap accessible (which I did not require nor request) it wasn't used as often and HARD WATER STAINS often built up because of lack of use. He said they would have to come up and clean it with acid. I didn't know whether I should start screaming or laughing hysterically at his absurd explanation. I told him that I was well aware of what a "hard water stain" looked like and the BLACK SLIME under the entire rim of the toilet was definitely NOT that. He kept apologizing, asked if he could buy me breakfast, ( ! )and when I declined, asked how much I had paid for the room. I told him I had booked it online, and he said that "there was nothing he could do about it, in that case". I checked out and was not asked if I had enjoyed my stay...I'm quite sure they didn't want to chance any other customers hearing about the creatures from the Black Lagoon that were growing in Room 633 ! My advice: go somewhere else, but if you do end up there, check out your toilet before you accept the room. And wear a mask for protection!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Hyancinth

Travelers are raving about these Middleton hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights in July. Room was small and needed an update but was clean and comfortable. Great bed! Service was very good, restaurant and bar service excellent, food was good. Couldn't get the Brewers game on the TV as they don't have the channel. Pool is really nice and clean, exercise room is small but has the usual stuff, treadmill, free weights. Hotel is walking distance to many nice shops and restaurants. Quaint downtown Middleton is a short drive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 25, 2011

1st issue:
didn't work: 61°F not possible to rise up unless to stop it (technician came and fixed in within 2 hours...OK)

2nd issue: Toilets didn't flush correctly, new technician intervention...

3rd: we paied 13$ / day to get internet access (as we need it to work)...and it was so poor that it was not possible to use it... people at the front desk apologized and advised us to go to the starbuck coffee next to the hotel =:-(

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank begaguno
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I've been staying at the Marriott Madison West since June 2010 during the week. The staff are incredibly supportive and helpful. Sure there is a bad apple or two, but for the most part the staff are professional, courteous, and caring. The rooms are a nice size with brand new tvs. All requests are handled immediately. Their lounge has some of the best food I've ever had in a concierge lounge. They will pick you up and drop you off wherever you request. If you are in the area STAY HERE!!!!

Shout Outs to Bethany (front desk), Jacob (Front Desk), Trudy (Concierge Lounge AM), and Michael (Bell Hop/Driver)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Stayed at this Marriott and it was nice. There are like 8 floors for us 'regular" people and a top floor for the "special" people. Attended a conference so got a good rate $70 per week night. Didn't use the pool or internet or eat there. A co-worker ate breakfast and he said it was very good. Our conference only had donuts and muffins. Getting a little off track here - sorry. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom nice. Everything clean. Nice flat screen tv. Staff was nice and check-in and check-out were accurate and fast. Location was very easy to find off the beltline. My only complaint is the noise that comes from the center of the hotel lounge area. I was on the 3rd floor and looked out to see what the noise was at about 11:00 p.m. There were only a handful of people there but it echoed because of the way it's built. I'd suggest asking for a corner room as my co-worker said he didn't hear anything.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Comfort Suites Madison West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West

Been to Madison Marriott West? Share your experiences!