“Average........”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2011

As mentioned in the prior review, the noodles were 'tough' & shrimp was very overdone on some of our orders also. Very little sauce on either pasta dish - very dry. One member commented the Gnocche (sp?) was good. We went at the request of a family member. I was a bit irritated at first when they refused to split the check because we had such a large party (8 people - this is not really a large group). One of our party was forced to pay for everything. I'm a waitress & splitting a party of 8 into 3 checks is EASY. Yes, it is easier to do one ticket, but the restaurant was only about 35% full - they were not overrun so spending a moment or two to split them would not have been a big burden.

It was fine for one meal - I consider the prices good if the food were good, but for average food it was moderately overpriced. Not likely to do a return visit.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

The restaurant itself is lovely, but the food is average. Our waiter was a nice fellow, but there was some pretentiousness on the part of the staff when you enter. My pasta was overcooked, as was the shrimp in the dish. The desserts were average. The atmosphere is fine. With some effort, this could be a nice place

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My friends and I have met at Tutto Pasta monthly for quite a while. We've always returned there because the food was good, the prices fair, and the service excellent.

Until today.

Although there were very few diners, the service was terrible. We arrived at 11:40 and didn't get our change until almost 1:00 p.m. When we hadn't received our food by 12:30, we mentioned to the waitress that some of us had to get back to work. Suddenly, the food arrived. However:

> One of us ordered fettuccini Alfredo which arrived at the table cold.

> One of us ordered a pasta dish and asked to substitute whole wheat pasta for white. When the bill came, there was an extra charge for whole wheat pasta, although we saw nothing in the menu indicating that and the waitress didn't mention it, either. Although we questioned that this charge was added without any warning, nothing was done about it.

> One of us had a salad that was so saturated with dressing the greens were inedible.

> One of us ordered a refill on bread, but when it hadn't arrived after 15 minutes, we had to ask for it again.

> Two of our bills weren't itemized. (We did ask for and receive separate checks.)

I for one am very, very disappointed and will wait a few months -- if ever -- before trying them again. I have always recommended Tutto Pasta without reservation, but it's one restaurant that's off my list.

1  Thank MadWisconsin