Devils Head Resort
$80
Skyview Motel(Prairie du Sac)
$80
$50
Quality Inn & Suites(Lodi)(Great Value!)
$76
$78
$65
ClarionHotels
$60
$55
$55
$101
Best Western Baraboo Inn(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
$82
$76
Cedarberry Inn(Sauk City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe outdoor pool areawisconsin riverlift operatorsblastmidwesternrepairwhirlpool
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We attended our friends wedding in early October. Everything was very well organized, and overall very well done. The fall colors were great, and the venue was close and convenient, i.e. chapel and reception area were close together, and everything is within the resort, so there's no walking outside if you don't want to. This is a ski resort, but we did not utilize these facilities. We did note a large locker room area that would be useful during ski season. The golf course, pool, and general ski area appeared to be well maintained. The front desk was helpful, and we had no problems during our stay. There's also an express checkout that was very convenient.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the opposite side of the pool area, as it seems it's used as a walkway, recreation, and for campfires at night which can be noisy if you are in a room on that side, and other guests are staying up late.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My son and I loved the golf course and the twilight golf deal for two days of golf and nights hotel at $250 was a great deal. That is if you are going to golf and don't care about rooms. Very limited cable tv but the beds were ok. Just cinder block walls were strange. But a very good time for a father and son outing. At night we went into the dells and ate(40 minutes). Famous daves and Monks were excellent choices. A great value but beware for those into nice rooms. Property 1.5 stars, Golf 4 stars out of 5. But again, at 250 a bargain.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jegan_7
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The resort is nicely located if you are doing events such as Dances With Dirt or Tough Mudder in the park, but this hotel needs serious updates. Room 258 had a false ceiling for the bathroom, the tv was an old tube 19 inch ( didn't matter since we didn't watch much tv), the bathtub/bathroom was old, dingy feeling and the tub needed a good scrubbing. The beds were alright, nothing much to brag about. The hallways of the hotel seemed very institutionalized, and the carpet needed redoing. Overall, the hotel could use some major overhauling. The pro's? The hotel room was very quiet (they have signs saying after 10:00pm is quiet time) and the air conditioner, while old, kept our room nicely chilled. The staff was very friendly with everyone saying hello.

Room Tip: Stay in the C wing. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alona H
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My fiance and I were interested in having our wedding reception at Devil's Head. After visiting and liking the venue, we wanted to book it. I contacted their events coordinator and he told us they do not do social bookings prior to one year in advance (I contacted him Nov 2012 for a June 2014 wedding) and he told me to contact him on June 1, 2013. I was in constant contact with him from November-May 2013 asking if policies have changed or if we could book the room sooner. He assured me the policies remained the same. However, when I contacted him on May 30 he stated that another group had first option on this date because they had "advanced reservations." Never in the six months of correspondence was I informed of the possibility of making advanced reservations or told that the date we were planning on was not an option. We had other things booked for the same date, assuming we would have the room at Devil's Head. Now we are scrambling to find something in the area that is not booked for the same date. It was simply bad business and I would not recommend working with them for any events important to you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Colleen B
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Spent a week here with the family golfing and really enjoyed it. The staff at the course was friendly and helpfull. The courses are beautiful with great views and challenging golf. Not to overly crowded and the price was great for 18 and a cart. Will definatley return. We rented a house across the street which was more suitable for the size of our group.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family