“Peaceful serenity and family time”
other travelers have booked this property
Buckhorn Lake living room
tubing on the Black River
Buckhorn Lake
nearby fishing
nearby hike along the Black River
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 43 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
mama532
“Peaceful serenity and family time”
Reviewed August 9, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This is a beautiful cabin in a very quiet location. At first having 7 kids I was concerned there would not be enough to do, but Leah put my mind at ease. She was always quick to answer questions. We had more than enough room and having no tv or Internet was a big bonus. We read, played games, did day trips everyday, and enjoyed many many ping pong games in the basement. Firepit was lovely, target outside our boys shot at with their bb/air soft guns,bikes, basketball,and so much more. Kitchen had all I needed. We did not use the water access across the street, but it really is not necessary there are so many lakes and bodies of water to play on. We went hiking,tubing down the black river, to Lake Wazee, then rented jet ski on another lake, spent a day at the awesome community center in Black River Falls, and went to and indoor outdoor waterpark with an awesome skating park that the boys could scooter on, and lastly enjoyed horseback riding . Nothing was more than a half hour away. You can't beat the beauty, price, location, serenity, and peacefulness of this home . Oh and we may have had a few nerf wars so forgive me if you find darts 10 years from now. (Our kids ranged from 7-14

Bonnie L
La Crescent, Minnesota
“Family Getaway”
Reviewed November 22, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Warm & welcoming, spacious and fun filled. Our family of 11, ages 9 months-60, had a wonderful time enjoying the cabin. The keyboard was my grandson's favorite. He also enjoyed sleeping up in the loft!

The fireplace was cozy and the furniture comfortable. The cabin is filled with books and games and other fun stuff. My granddaughter enjoyed the Lincoln Logs!

Although we did not explore the area, I know how beautiful it is because I live little over an hour from here. My kayak club comes up to the area to kayak Hall's Creek and the Black River. Spectacular beauty and great kayaking!

There is ample parking and everything is well lit. We would definitely come again for a family get together! Leah was extremely accommodating and very prompt with any questions I had. I also felt the price was very reasonable. We plugged the address in our gps and it took us right to the driveway... No problems!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It is a unique place...filled with interesting games and books...just like home.
Liked least: Only complaint would be no kindling or small wood for fireplace...next time we would bring our own. And only 3 pieces of wood by firepit in back. I think not a problem on owner's side...just a miscommunication with local caretakers.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Nov 23, 2015
Thank you for your lovely review. It makes me smile how our cabin has become a center for families of all generations get together and create life long memories. Leah
Reviewed September 22, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

DGSoxfan
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Excellent Family Retreat”
Reviewed August 25, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Nice big place with plenty of room, 3 levels, lots of elbow room, fab patio stretches out around 2 sides of house, exc. fire pit. Canoe and kayak worthwhile, although not at the site - a few blocks away, not a long distance to take them to, but fun. Comfortable, peaceful place, with water across street and down access drive.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Chicago

Reviewed February 19, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

A romantic getaway
Management Response
Feb 19, 2014
You must have gone down hill skiing at the wonderful Bruce Mound. It's so affordable for downhill skiing and snow boarding and such an easy going family friendly place...and so close to the cabin. Lewis Mound for cross country skiing is even closer, but we ski and snow shoe right from the cabin.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing