“Worst Place In Mercer.... Hands Down”

The Gateway Lodge & Resort
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Mercer
Cuisines: American
Mercer, Wisconsin
“Worst Place In Mercer.... Hands Down”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I thought our first visit was a fluke for the terrible service and rude bartender/ owner so shame on us we went back, again same bartender /owner behind the bar with the same crappy attitude, oh and the waitress went to he same school of rudeness as the owner, we were seated at he bar and she asked where we wanted to sit for dinner, we said right hear at he bar would be perfect, she says um, I don't think so, I looked 3 stools down at the only other guy there on a friday night at 6:00 and yup, he was sitting there at the bar eating, so not to make a seen to the 1 other patron we graciously went to a table I had the waitress pick so I didn't get rudded again, when our food came it was all messed up and the waitress didn't even say sorry, she looked at my wife like it was her fault, there is a reason this place is empty on most Friday nights!! We will never go back and I would not suggest this to someone I didn't like!!! WHEN they fold hopefully the next owners will treat there customers to good food and good hospitality as its a beautiful location with very UGLY owners!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
7 Thank Mercermayor

Marco Island, Florida
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

After studying the menu, we decided to try the Gateway....it seemed to have lots of interesting choices! I made a reservation but when we arrived, I was embarrassed....Saturday night, peak season and there was only one other table of people eating???? No reservation needed!

They offer a salad bar but it was basically chucks of iceberg, chuncked tomatoes and carrots. There were also a couple of prepared salads but they looked like they had been sitting there for a while.
Our dinners were 'grilled' or 'broiled'....they were absolutely bland! No seasoning and no flavor at all!! It was horribly disappointing....we won't be back!

• Visited July 2013
10 Thank Florie E
Prairie Du Sac, WI
“Gateway Restaurant”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our family had a great experience at this restaurant. We loved the atmosphere, the games the kids could play, and all had tasty food. It was a fun, festive place.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Trumpet1914
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Vacation of the Year”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I camp for a week every year at next-door Lake of the Falls County Park, and always end up spending a lot of my time at the Gateway. It's a quick walk from the campground, and is a beautiful place in the middle of the woods on the shores of a beautiful lake. It's unusual to find such good food in the sticks, and this place also has a wide selection of booze and beer. I can't wait to come back this summer!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank trkaiser
Sugar Grove, Illinois
“taste of the northwoods.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

whenever i'm in the mercer area i always make a point to stop in at the gateway lodge.besides making the best bloodymary ive ever had, the food is always excellant.from the pan fried walleye to there cheeseburgers the food always hits the spot after a long day of fishing on the flowage.i also like the fact they have alot of games and a pooltable to keep the kids happy.its a good family restaurant with affordable prices.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank bobb519

Been to The Gateway Lodge & Resort? Share your experiences!