“Comfortable, convenient location, very reasonably priced, great staff.”

Chalet Motel Of Mequon
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mequon
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was in room 103 in January 2014, in the middle of a spell of arctic-cold weather. I found my room spacious and warm. By warm, I mean welcoming, nicely decorated and very well heated! It looked like it had been freshly remodeled, with a large bed, thick, plush mattress, good pillows, beautiful design sheets and bed cover. Phone and radio-alarm clock on bedside table, Desk with notepad and local sightseeing guide, leather recliner, two-door fridge and small microwave oven. Bathroom had clean shower, window with a view of snowy fields. Cable TV with HBO, and free secure WiFi internet access from the room.

Staff, owner/manager friendly and attentive to your needs. They seem to be keen on providing excellent service to the greater satisfaction of their guests. They also seem to be very attentive to the maintenance of the property.
The motel is nicely located on Port Washington Road, not far from an access to I.43, just under 18 miles North of downtown Milwaukee, on the way to pretty Cedarburg, Port Washington, and the Door County peninsula farther North. Close-by (almost within walking distance), there is a huge strip-mall with some major stores (large Les Moïse sports shop, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.), a Sendik's quality grocery store, various kinds of boutiques, small restaurants and breakfast places, and the Chancery pub among other things.
Attached to the motel is a pleasant Mexican-style restaurant where the food is fresh and abundant, and very inexpensive. Besides, you will get a 15% discount coupon from the motel reception desk, valid on your total dinner bill. I appreciated the fresh, plentiful green salad they serve. Try also their Franziskaner beer on tap.

Room Tip: I believe some rooms in the northern "wing" of the motel have been more recently remodeled...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here overnight for a college visit. We were looking for a conveniently located and inexpensive place to stay and this fit the bill perfectly. We booked an executive queen room and were pleasantly surprised. I was initially a little put off by the miniscule registration area, but any concern quickly faded as I stepped into the well appointed room. The room was large and meticulously clean. Our room consisted of two queen sized beds with down comforts, plenty of lighting, a desk area, a microwave, fridge and nice bathroom. With our discount we paid only $75 - a great deal. We were traveling with our young adult son, and there was more than enough room for the three of us. The beds were extra comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. My son was thrilled with the free wi-fi which functioned perfectly. The television was not a flat screen, but for the price we paid, I was perfectly happy with the "old fashioned" type. This is not the Ritz Carlton, but if you want an inexpensive, clean and comfortable place I do not think that you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: I recomend spending a little more and getting the Queen or King Executive rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank maryIllinois
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The Chalet Motel was a great place to stay during an autumn weekend excursion. It is well-located near (but not on) highway 43, and was a convenient hub for our Ozaukee County activites - bicycle riding, Cedarburg Oktoberfest, restaurants.

It's comfy, clean, warm and quiet. The wi-fi worked. Every staff member we met (reservation, check-in, check-out) was friendly and helpful. We'll definitely return!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice stay. The rooms had very comfortable beds and it's nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The motel is very convenient to shops, restaurants and grocery stores. Much nicer rooms than the price would suggest. We highly recommend this site.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked this room to attend a Oktoberfest near this location. Room was clean quiet and the bed was oh so comfortable! There was also a refrigerator in the room. Fit our needs for a night and staff was friendly too. Nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We recently needed a one-night reservation in Mequon as we were moving our son back to college and always stay for 1-night. I had waited until the last minute to make reservations and everything was booked. Thought I would try the Chalet, as we've driven by it many times and never checked it out. We were very happy with the room, which was the Executive Queen. Very clean, comfortable beds, quiet, and very affordable. Ate dinner at the Mexican Restaurant next door which was another great find ! (rec'd a discount coupon from the motel) We will definitely return and stay again.

Room Tip: Clean, Comfortable, Quiet and Affordable !!
Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here on 8/20/13.
Chose to stay here because of the reviews on TripAdvisor. All good reviews were accurate.
I had to go to St. Mary Hospital and this was a hotel that was within 3 miles down the same street.
I couldn't find a motel that was closer for a reasonable price
Rooms were very clean, it was very quiet. Room came with a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. TV had cable.
After my hospital visit we were unable to drive home and went back and booked a second night. 8/21. We got a more updated room - which was just as nice and comfortable. I would stay here again.
Also, this is close to shopping and a lot of unique stores.

Room Tip: There is no smoking in the rooms. If you are a smoker let them know and you have a separate building...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mequon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Comfort Inn & Suites. Grafton-Milwaukee
Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon
Washington House Inn
Washington House Inn
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Grafton
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place

Been to Chalet Motel Of Mequon? Share your experiences!