“Good Choice When Visiting North of Milwaukee” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chalet Motel Of Mequon

Chalet Motel Of Mequon
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mequon
Madison WI
“Good Choice When Visiting North of Milwaukee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

After recently exploring the fabulous Art Museum of Milwaukee for a long day's visit, we decided to venture north (a short and lovely drive along Lake Michigan) for an overnight stay rather than choose among some pricey options in the downtown. (Also, we wanted to stay north of the downtown as our next day's activity centered on visiting the quaint town of Cedarburg.) The Chalet Motel in Mequon proved to provide excellent value. In addition to its affordability--half the price of one in downtown Milwaukee--the hotel room was large, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. As some reviewers have noted, the hotel is older--but it is very well maintained. Our room had an enormous fully tiled bathroom. The office staff were both inviting and efficient. As we stayed in winter, traffic along Port Washington Road was not busy or noisy, though this might not be the case in other seasons. We definitely would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wayne P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ellisville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This motel was really perfect for us. We were on a girls get away weekend. We were fifteen minutes from Cedarburg, which was our destination. However, we found such great places to eat and drink so close, like Ferrante's and Centennial's! Really wish we'd have had more time to explore that area. We kept getting lost, but that was part of the fun! Locals are so friendly and pointed out short cuts and off the beaten path places. Take the back way to Cedarburg through Theinsville! Nice Harley shop there and a fun place called Remmington's River Inn, didn't have time to eat there but what WONDERFUL bloody mary's! Back to the hotel, yes it's older, that's the interesting part, and SO clean. We will def return for Christmas shopping trip!! I loved the little balcony, would have been relaxing to be able to sit out there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank plattfamily44
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had never stayed in a motel before my one-night stay on 9/27/12. The woman checking me in (one of the owners, I presume) was very friendly. My room was clean and comfy and everything was in working order. The only quibble I had was the lack of CNN. Motel sits right along a busy road, so you'll hear the traffic, but it was never loud enough to be distracting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I chose the Chalet Motel after reading the reviews and response from the motel. It was nice to see they read reviews and actually respond, but most importantly, take to heart their business and what people are saying.

The motel is made up of 3 different buildings all next to each other. We arrived early and we were able to get in the room right away! Driving up tp the motel, was a nice surprise. We normally stay at chain hotels, but wanted something different. We are so glad we decided to stay here.

We did stay in an executive suite, a little more than the regular room, but worth it and glad we chose this room. It had a nice leather recliner, a work desk and the free wireless internet for sure a plus! The room also had a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The shampoo and lotion smelled good too. It was nice to see actual windows that opened and let the perfect fall air in the room. The pillows were very comfortable as well as the bed. The bedding was also very soft and warm. Everything was just perfect!! Would recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: I always like to be on the highest floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wisnoopy7
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent one night here while checking out Cedarburg. We normally stay at Holiday Inns, Marriotts or similar, but on this trip we wanted a different experience. So we found The Chalet and we were very pleasantly surprised! We stayed in the executive suite. It was very nice, had a leather recliner, a desk and a nice king bed. The room was very clean! If you a looking for a totally modern room with all the amenities, breakfast and jet tub, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a very nice place to stay in a really nice town then definitely reserve a room at The Chalet!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I found the Chalet by accident after trying to find a hotel for the Milwaukee Marathon. It is wonderful! The rooms are quiet and the beds and bedding are so comfortable. The staff was so friendly and helpful, and it was half the price of the Best Western across the street. I have booked another stay there for our next trip. I wish I would have found it sooner - we stay in Mequon several times a year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rosemount
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

The room looked clean but that's about the only good thing I can say about it. I think the room was built in 1950 and never updated. I think there might have been one outlet in the room and that outlet turned off when I flipped the wall switch. Forget trying to find a spare outlet to plug in your cellphone or computer. The A/C was a joke. It just could not keep up with the heat. I stayed here 4 years ago (in a room on the South side of the motel) and that room was fairly nice. But the one I stayed in this weekend was bad! Stay away from room 104 and (probably) all the other rooms on the North side of the motel. This will be the last time I stay at this motel.

Room Tip: Stay away from room #104. The rooms on that (North) side of the motel are probably all old like the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
robert b, Owner at Chalet Motel Of Mequon, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I'm sorry you were unhappy. We strive to make our guests comfortable as can be seen by our reviews, 25 out of 30 are Very Good and Excellent. Given the chance, our staff will go above and beyond for our guests to have a pleasant stay. There is someone at the front desk 24/7/365 to assist you.

The first I heard about this situation was the guest review on Tripadvisor. It would have been our pleasure to complimentary upgrade you to one of our Executive rooms, built from the ground up in 2001. I would urge anyone traveling , please give the hotel a chance to make you happy.

Concerning the outlets in the Standard rooms. There are six available places to plug in appliances. To plug in a number of devices, you can request a three-way plug or a power strip.

Upon inspection, the air-conditioner in the room was not working properly. I replaced it with a new remote controlled unit. A call to the front desk and it will be taken care of.

I'm glad that you found the room to be clean. Room 104 is a very popular room because it has a king bed, recliner, bathtub and it is on the lower level. It is an easy walk to the lobby and to the restaurant.

Because you were happy in the past, I would hope you would give us another chance.

David Dordel, General Manager
Linda Walsh & Bob Briese, Owners
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mequon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Manchester East
Manchester East
#4 of 6 in Glendale
Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer

Been to Chalet Motel Of Mequon? Share your experiences!