“Not Bartolotta's Best”

Joey Gerard's Mequon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Take a step back in time at Joey Gerard's, a Hollywood-style supper club that features traditional, time-tested menu offerings, nightly specials, and classic cocktails and ice cream drinks. Steaks, chops and seafood are cooked in the Midwest's first Josper charcoal ovens, giving them a perfectly seared outside and a succulent, juicy inside
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Supper Club style with so-so food and nice atmosphere but some waiters need a bit of training:
Six of us were at a table in the bar and when we ASKED our server for another round of drinks (a Saturday around 9:30pm) he told us we could not order at the same time the bartender asked what we wanted!! The waiter said since the last of the diners were leaving, no more drinks could be served. The bartender graciously served the drinks while the waiter sprayed cleaning solution on the tables around us while huffing and puffing. He finally disappeared, we cleared our table upon leaving a short while later.

Joe B, Owner at Joey Gerard's Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience with us - please e-mail media@bartolottas.com so we may follow up with you.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Joey is part of the Bartolotta chain so right there you should know that you're in for a good meal. It's my goal to visit them all because every one of them, so far, has given us the best dining experience. Joey's is no exception. The atmosphere was nice and different because it takes you back 60 years, the drinks were good because they make the old Ole Fashions and the staff was nice. If I have any concerns it would be the windows. If you go in winter stay clear of them because it's a bit drafty. Our experience there was so nice that I had the waitress get the manager and I told him my feelings. It's a nice place to go for a special occassion. The prices are kinda high but you get what you pay for. It's not a place you could go every week or you would go broke.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Joey Gerard's is an old fashioned 1950's supper club with amazingly prepared steaks. The portions are huge so my husband and I split a New York strip and it was plenty of food. They bring an overflowing bread basket and crudité to the table so you don't leave hungry from this restaurant. The night we were there, Joe Bartolotta was visiting and greeted every guest at the table which was a nice touch. This restaurant is a pleasant spot to dine and convenient for North Shore diners.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

You could do much worse than Joey Gerards. Unfortunately you could probably also do much better. My steak was just okay. I've had much better. The Wisconsin appetizer with salami, deviled eggs, and cheese curds that was recommended by our server did not go over well at our table. Our server was friendly and prompt. The wine selection was fine. Overall this is a good but not great dining destination.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This fun bustling pseudo-supper club (they need to work on the relish tray) provided a wonderful setting for celebrating the end of the year we met and the start of our first full year together (although we didn't stick around until midnight). The waiter was relaxed and charming yet attentive, the drink pours were generous, and the food was outstanding (we had filet and beef wellington). My only suggestion would be for them to dim the lights a bit, but I suspect that if I had asked, they would have obliged. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Rob_Pfauth