“Good but Pricey”

Joey Gerard's Mequon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Take a step back in time at Joey Gerard's, a Hollywood-style supper club that features traditional, time-tested menu offerings, nightly specials, and classic cocktails and ice cream drinks. Steaks, chops and seafood are cooked in the Midwest's first Josper charcoal ovens, giving them a perfectly seared outside and a succulent, juicy inside
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were 6 for dinner on a Saturday night. Our reservation was honored on time and the service all night was excellent!
Of the dinners, the veal piccatta was very good with great flavor! The steak was delicious as anticipated! The combo plate of ribs and chicken were good and very plentiful.
The only disappointment was the 'Friday Fish Fry'...the fish seemed tough as if it had been overcooked or maybe fried and left to sit in a warmer too long.
The entire menu is very pricey!

There are newer reviews for Joey Gerard's Mequon

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a great meal with couples. Our waiter, Rick, was attentive with a great sense of humor. Food and drinks on par with other Bartolotta establishments. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

It is a Supper Club. Old fashiioned cocktails, relish tray with dinner. The decor and menu scream 1940-60, but both are very nicely done. Service was impeccable. The wine list was medium in length, but had something for everyone. The food was good, but not great. My steak and my wife's fish were overcooked. But all in all, it was a very good restaurant for a special occasion.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was honestly not looking forward to eating here, our friends made reservations for our party of 4 and we decided not to push back. We are glad we tried it out, probably won't return, and here is our review for others to get some honest feedback.

Location and entrance - I believe it is the old River Site restaurant, I could be wrong. Nice convenient location if you live in the area, other wise off the highway about 10 minutes from the 43. It had a strip mall kind of feel walking in, but once in the bar area immediately to your left was spacious and had seating for casual atmosphere. I like this best in the end.

Hosting and seating - We had reservations and had to wait just a couple minutes. The hostesses were nice and friendly. Seating was in what I would call a room that was very confusing, the leather trimmed booths were elegant yet somehow didn't fit in with the 70's, 80's, 90's looking tables and carpet? It was odd to say the least, very little to make you feel supper clubish...

Service - This was probably the biggest miss. Our waitress was stuffy, sterile and seemed to have memorized everything she was saying. The service of the appetizer, dinner and drinks was very much not like other Bartolotta restaurants, which is usually precise and efficient. For example, our drinks were slow to be delivered, the plates from appetizers were still on the table after entrees were removed, they were empty... All the other servers looked sterile and in some sort of trance as well... weird to say the least.

Food - I was quite worried here, about half the reviews bag on the food and half rave... For appetizers they offer the weirdest selection I have ever seen, mostly what I would call football snacks, deviled eggs, braunschweiger, summer sausage, pickles and a variety of smoked fish? They should offer some traditional supper club fair here. We were pleasantly surprised by the food. We had two half chicken orders, they were fantastic, can't go wrong here folds. The other two were the prime rib and ribs, both were average at best.

Drinks - The waiter recommended a $12 dollar glass of chardonnay for my wife, which was no more than 4 oz at best... c'mon management!! Otherwise they were good pours and good variety of beer on tap.

I would recommend you try it, but I probably won't go back, for the price I would stay with places I know deliver on all areas of quality I expect for an expensive night out.

1  Thank dsl82899
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at Joey Gerard's Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! Please e-mail us at media@bartolottas.com with your contact information so that we may follow up with you.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner here recently. I ordered the shish kabobs and he ordered steak. The food was delicious and the service gracious and attentive. I had heard that the restaurant could get noisy at times, but the evening we were there (Monday), we were able to converse with no problem. On a side note, I indulged in an old fashioned Mai-Tai in a Tiki head glass that was also very good! I would recommend the restaurant, even though the dinner prices were a little high. Sandwiches (costing much less) are also available on the menu if you are watching your budget.