“Very mediocre”

Joey Gerard's Mequon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Take a step back in time at Joey Gerard's, a Hollywood-style supper club that features traditional, time-tested menu offerings, nightly specials, and classic cocktails and ice cream drinks. Steaks, chops and seafood are cooked in the Midwest's first Josper charcoal ovens, giving them a perfectly seared outside and a succulent, juicy inside
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We are big fans of lake park bistro and have had drinks at Joey Gerard's in mequon so we thought we would try it for dinner. The Scottish salmon was very forgettable. No olive tapenade, dry very little flavor. Broccoli was tough. I needed my knife to cut it. The spinach salad was oily no blue cheese that I noticed. I expected better. It was almost like a TV dinner. Bananas foster dessert just ok. Service was good prompt friendly. Tried hard but couldn't over come poor cooking.

Michele puibello

1  Thank Michele P
Joe B, Public Relations Manager at Joey Gerard's Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Please e-mail us at media@bartolottas.com, we'd like the opportunity to follow up with you regarding your experience. Thanks!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We celebrated an anniversary here and the service was so gracious and attentive, taking pictures, giving the special couple complimentary champagne, and the view was very pretty, but the food was average; when you consider the cost, it was poor. The steak sandwich was so tough that I couldn't even eat it until i took it off the bun. The fries were crispy, but tasted of old grease and had a slightly fishy flavor to them - perhaps because they use the same grease for both the fries as well as the fish? The steaks of the other people were OK, but nothing special by any means. The lazy susan was really over-rated, but the French soup was really good. Overall, disappointing. We won't be back.

1  Thank KCHolle
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at Joey Gerard's Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

We appreciate your feedback, please e-mail us at media@bartolottas.com with your contact information so we may follow up with you.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were excited to go to Joey Gerard's. The night's disappointment started when we walked up to the hostess at 5:00 pm on a Friday. You don't have a reservation on a weekend night! I stated it was 5:00 PM and only 3 tables were seated in the whole restaurant. We were told to make sure we had reservations in the future, I told her we called numerous times for reservations and were told 50% of the tables were for reservations and 50% of the tables were for walk-ins. She told me that only applied to the 1st -- six months the restaurant was opened. We ordered the Lazy Susan which was okay..best thing on it was the deviled eggs. My husband ordered the steak which was tough! I ordered the cod fish fry..The fish had a thick coating and was very dry with little fish underneath the coating. Very disappointing meal. Bright spot: We had a nice view of the river and the wait staff was very nice & efficient. We will not return.

Joe B, Public Relations Manager at Joey Gerard's Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We'd like to be able to follow up with you if you'll e-mail your information to media@bartolottas.com. Thank you!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything about Joey Girards is great: the food, the drinks and the atmosphere. Saturday is Prime Rib night - in the true Supper Club fashion. Very good. The martini's are super. Cheers!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I decided to try breakfast at this location on our way to a day at a nearby biird sanctuary. We started with our usual breakfast appetiser, a side order of bacon. I had a generous bloody mary and my wife had coffee. I had the eggs benedict which were prepared just the way I like them - solid whites and soft runny yolks! My wife had hoppel poppel which is a skillet dish made with eggs, potatos, summer sausage and cheese. She thought it was very good. The service was good as you would expect from a Bartolotta restaurant. Another plus was the noise level. Breakfast eateries tend to be relaively noisy for some reason but we found Joey Gerard's to be pleasantly quiet.